Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

borbet c's are on!

needs washing and needs lowering, but the borbets are on! suspension is sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to find someone to fit it for a reasonable price. its going down 40mm ASAP!

looking good! i like those wheels actually.....didnt when i first saw them but they grew on me!

fit it yourself...its really easy...then just take it somewhere to do the tracking and camber!

youll need sprig compressors and mcpherson strut bot remover,not a hard job to do,would be best having a garage to work on it,especialy with this unsettled weather were having

fit it myself? dont i need spring compressors and all sorts of other stuff? :|

Possible & not toooo difficult to do without spring compressors. Although if you have no experience with suspension, it would be much easier if you had them. We sell the compressors that you need but I don't think we currently have any branches near where you live.

Doesn't usually cost too much more to have the springs fitted by the garage that will be doing your 4-wheel alignment. :wink:

Be sure to replace the front & rear top mountings at the same time - your old ones are likely to be worn out.

Triffic wheels... pictures don't do em justice for some reason. They look about 15x better actually on the car 'in the metal' :)

cheers chaps! well chuffed with them, although they're a little tatty close up :( I totally know what you mean jim, i'd seen them on hennys car and thought hmmm, yeah they're alright, then when a set came up on ebay for pennys i thought well why not, they're better than the standard ones! now i've got them on they look brilliant, loads better than I expected! I think the DIY lowering is a bit out of my league at the moment, most complex thing i've done to date is slap an k&n filter in and drill the airbox!

I didnt space them in the end, but i do have the spacers still. I want to see how they sit once its been lowered, I might try the spacers then. Has anyone else on the forum got a set? or is it an exclusive 2 member club? :D

DelVR6 has a set on his VR6 which he picked up off ebay for a nice tidy sum and then got re-furbed (although they're 5 stud, obviously) I know LeeW used to have 17" versions on one of his old motors, so there are a couple more about wearing them somewhere... 8)

Oh, and I wasn't joking when I said I've a spare in the same offset as yours if you're interested... I'll dig it out and take a photo of it for ya... It doesn't match mine, and I've got 6 anyway (not including this one!) so I'm fine for a spare and just want shot of it! 8) :mrgreen:

might well take it off your hands henny, one of mines a little tatty (ie looks like its been tw*ted with a hammer at some point) so i could use that as a spare and your spare as an everyday...how confusing! PM me the info will you? cheers :wink:

OK.. 8) (it's THE last one out of the Scotford warehouse too! 8) ) I'll PM you tomorrow after work when I've dug it out and taken some pics... 8)