Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

posting alloys...

I've got someone interested in my old wheels, and i'm going to have to post them so i'm looking for advice from someone whos done it! who was cheap? I guess I'm going to need with weigh them but how the heck do you weigh an alloy wheel?!

Bathroom scales???

Two options: 1) individual packaging - wrap each wheel up for protection and send each separately

2) pallette - send them loose but tied to a pallette (this is the way larger, odd shaped items must be sent.

2 is probably more expensive, so your best bet is probably to invest in some sheets of bubble wrap and card and gaffer tape them up. You might get away with taping two wheels together, but it depends on the weight limits of the courier you choose to use. Don't forget postal insurance.. Particularly if you're using the royal snail..

Try 2 sets of 2. And maybe approach a friendly local business who use couriers, regular users seem to have secured good deals and you can pay them whatever it costs.Worth trying.

hello there, do they have tyres on ?

i allways send in 2 box's usally costs £26 next day delivery.

I think I'll go for the bubblewrap option bcstudent! just in case...

darren, yeah they've got tyres on, is that £26 each or all together? and which company is that with? ta.

I got my diablo's in 2 seperate box's with cardboard inside sepearting them, it cost me £30 for the pair of box's and that was with DHL next day delivery