Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Worst MK2 Golf EVER!

or how about going for the Fiesta Zetec-S look :shock: to your classic mk2 Golf!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

pic taken from eastsideVW forum

Actually makes it look like a Renault 5 that's trying to be a crappy Fiesta... at least it hides it's roots well so people that actually own a Mk2 don't have to hide in shame.

[puts on flameproof suit] Rearrange the words in the title... Mk2 Worst Golf Ever :twisted: :twisted: .... [keeps flameproof suit on just in case...]

Can't agree with that! MK2 is the best Golf for me! Stick some Euro wheels on, flare arches, Jetta style square headlamp conversion and you have my ideal Golf. See Valver's Golf for the ideal example. Has leather too, and will shortly be getting a VR6 (or similar) lump dropped in it.. I can't imagine anything better! :)

Told ya ! Seriously though, I've had 3x Mk1s, 2xMk2s and a Vento (equivelant to Mk3?) The Mk1s were great runarounds, the cabrio was a scream, the Vento was wonderful, apart from the abysmal fuel economy (VR6), but the Mk2s were just.... nothing really... didn't do a thing fo me. They look pig ugly, have pretty boring interiors (plasticy and wedgy). Just MHO!

Mk1's do it for me

Same here, only true Golf for me. Classic Italian Design (yup, same bloke who's done my all-time favourite, the Mk1 Rocco, Giugario). Mk2s are acceptable only if some extensive bodywork has been done to them, and from the Mk3 onwards VW has lost it all. of course, just my 2 Cents :lol:

Tempest

Told ya ! Seriously though, I've had 3x Mk1s, 2xMk2s and a Vento (equivelant to Mk3?) The Mk1s were great runarounds, the cabrio was a scream, the Vento was wonderful, apart from the abysmal fuel economy (VR6), but the Mk2s were just.... nothing really... didn't do a thing fo me. They look pig ugly, have pretty boring interiors (plasticy and wedgy). Just MHO!

You should have spent some money on it, for me its out of a mk2 or a corrado. Mk3 onwards just dont match the lines on a mk2. In my oppinion, best vw produced was the j reg campaign oak green. (i think they were only 5 dr tho, unfortunately)

or how about going for the Fiesta Zetec-S look :shock: to your classic mk2 Golf!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

pic taken from eastsideVW forum

thats the same golf as the one I took the picture of at HIN, fooking horrid!

In my oppinion, best vw produced was the j reg campaign oak green.(i think they were only 5 dr tho, unfortunately)

I'm sure VW made 3 door versions of both 8v and 16v in Oak Green :mrgreen: :wink:

In my oppinion, best vw produced was the j reg campaign oak green.(i think they were only 5 dr tho, unfortunately)

I'm sure VW made 3 door versions of both 8v and 16v in Oak Green :mrgreen: :wink:

yeh on a j plate, but in 92(j), the campaign edition, was the last oak greens and they were all 5 door.

How many campaigns were there?

IIRC, the MK2 Campaign celebrated the 10,000,000th Golf and was offered in Helious blue or Oak Green, both 3 door and on an E plate. Could be wrong though.......

How many campaigns were there?

IIRC, the MK2 Campaign celebrated the 10,000,000th Golf and was offered in Helious blue or Oak Green, both 3 door and on an E plate. Could be wrong though.......

and Schwartz black too (IIRC)............but like you Kev AFAIK that was the only mk2 commonly known as the "campaign"..........joebloggs on this forum has a Schwartz black one too......i reckon ppl have passed off the run-out mk2's(J and K plate's) as "campaign's" to give it the kind of desirability that the mk1 "campaign" has