Sign in to follow this  
K-rado

do i dont i? drive or hide

Hello All, and thank you CF for the excellant info on your site. it was verrrrry helpful when deciding to buy another VR6. The corrado is the best!

What should I do? I have managed to buy a genuine storm for 6K. I gave them the asking price as I knew it was a bargin, straight clean, serviced and well cared for and only 47kmiles.

Should I Hide it away and reep the benifits in years to come or should I drive it as it should?

I Know there are some big spenders out there, and I was prepaired to pay handsomely for one as good as this. what do you think its worth?

Thanks CF, and thanks for welcoming me into your circle.

It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, and that depends entirely on the condition. Post up some pics and we can give you a 'ooh arr hmmm' guess at the price. Unless it's a complete dog, I would say you got yourself a sodding bargain though! On the spec you've given I would have thought more like £7-£7.5k would be more like the right price, especially as Corrado prices seem to be on the up at the moment. As I said, it does depend on condition, but if it's only done 47k miles, it can't be *that* bad... ;)

As far as drive or hide it goes, drive the thing!! If you're gonna hide it away and never drive it you should have bought garden gnomes or some interesting ornaments instead....

The car, i kid you not is mint. FVAGSH and standard.

Have not got a Digi camara yet will be proud to post a pic when I do.

Garden Gnome? I take your meaning and top reply. Gonna have me some smiles again!

classic green. Would pay hansomly for the mistic blue under 50K Miles.

me too 8) .....mystic blue was my 1st choice.......but must admit the green has grown on me a hell of a lot more than when i first went to look over mine........just wish green storms had black leather interiors

I Like the green with the cream, Not that practicable, but what the hell. its all about the go VR6MMMMMMM.

Think has anybody regeristered the remaining no. of storms left. Sure alot have gone to the big grave-yard in the sky!

Welcome to the Forum man, and my advice is definately drive it.... The C is the ,ost enjoyable car I've every driven, with the possible exception of the TVR that one time... :)

Cheers,

Tom

Hello and welcome, i would drive it, lightlly if thats possible, you got one with such low mileage that a few thousand here and there int gonna make much difference, probley better for it. :)

If i had a storm i would have a green one, prefer beige leather. :D

Welcome to the site!

Drive it mate, it's what it was made for! 8)

Where abouts in bucks are you?

Did you buy this in London (possibly SW) from a lady? does it have a big ding in the drivers side door?

Welcome to the site!

Drive it mate, it's what it was made for! 8)

Where abouts in bucks are you?

Out in the grass lands in north Bucks (great VR6 roads) 14 odd miles west of MK.

Tks 4 the advise. I is the general concencus and will go with it.

Cheers.

Did you buy this in London (possibly SW) from a lady? does it have a big ding in the drivers side door?

Nop. I was just wrighting out a check for a K reg Auto with 52k on the clock when she poped up on the corrado club website. needless to say I bit her hand off. robed the bank (joke) and went straight down with the eadies. Best gamble I ever done.

The lady driver ( A corker) had a tearfull moment when they parted. I Know how she felt.

Had a show of emoticon when I had to part with my Beloved VR6 (L693xlk) wonder where she is now?

Definately drive it!!

Is it M or N registered ( or even P?)

N reg, July 96, Anybody gon any idea where I would find the whereabouts of VR6 reg L 593 XLK? according to Newreg.com, it never existed! sure I did not dream that one.

Drive it, without a doubt. Gonna have me some fune tonight!

Hide it during the week- abuse it for the weekends- Thats what I'll be doing as soon as I can afford to run two cars- even if it means the Corrado going into storage for a year or two first.

Theres to many muppets on the road toda- I am starting to get fed up of the ultra defensive driving I feel I have to use when I am out in the C. Can't wait to drive just a 'normal' car on the daily commute- knowing the C is safe and dry in the garage :)

Theres to many muppets on the road toda- I am starting to get fed up of the ultra defensive driving I feel I have to use when I am out in the C. Can't wait to drive just a 'normal' car on the daily commute- knowing the C is safe and dry in the garage :)

sounds about right. muppets. I have a normal car (E240 EVO) that I am getting rid of.

Bought the Mrs a new Outlander couple of Months ago for the kiddies (top Value Motor but VERY Thirsty.

I Clock up Thousands of Miles with my work so gonna ge me a bog standard polo (mabey) for the week days. Roll on the W/E

My advice to you is "Get it driven mate.!"

What benefit is there of hiding away a beast like that :evil: . They give you that fantastic VR feeling on the road not in a garage.

Look after it, keep on top of your maintenance and try not to park it in blummin' public car parks.

Good luck. :D

My advice to you is "Get it driven mate.!"

What benefit is there of hiding away a beast like that :evil: . They give you that fantastic VR feeling on the road not in a garage.

Look after it, keep on top of your maintenance and try not to park it in blummin' public car parks.

Good luck. :D

Cheers Blue, when I was a little younger and had my VR6C, It was the Dogs Danglers.

Went a little mad in later years and bought myself one of the Last dealer Golfs VR6 from the dealers. What a letdown, Fule was poor, performanance was poor and looks were nothing more than 1.4e on steroids. not sorry to see her go.

Fav past time now is C spotting. Not many left. Get'm while they 'R' HOT

Welcome mate. Sounds like you got out of bed the right side that day, bargain. Like the guys have said, there's only one answer. Drive it. Look forward to pix or seeing you one day

Welcome mate. Sounds like you got out of bed the right side that day, bargain. Like the guys have said, there's only one answer. Drive it. Look forward to pix or seeing you one day

Thanks for that Chris, I was certainly trail blazing down the stairs that day. Early bird and all that. Look forward to meeting you all at a meet some time.

Kieran.

PS. Forgot to check for the warning triangle. IT's missing :cry:

But a minter :D all the same. Anybody got a spare lurking about?

PS. Forgot to check for the warning triangle. IT's missing :cry:

But a minter :D all the same. Anybody got a spare lurking about?

VW still sell them for approx £10 :wink: