Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Might get an option on a standard red VR6 with leather...

A lady I work with has just come to talk to me that she has a friend with a late red VR6 with black leather that she is considering selling soon before going travelling for a year.

Apparently its in good overall nick but needs a few things sorting including some slight damage that occurred when it was broken into and needs a bloody good service by Stealth as its only been done by 'local' garages in the past few years she owned it.

Under 100k though apparently and only 3 owners. If I see it, and its nice, I might consider selling my G60 and going to something a bit less madman and something unmodified to help save on insurance...

I wonder... :)

In fairness if it's only been serviced by local garages, it's probably in far better nick than a VAG only car :roll:

Go for it Jim, you know you want a real engine :)

I have a real engine - I consider the G60 equally superior to the VR6 I am afraid :)

But I just fancy something a little less manic and something a bit more suited to crusing rather than hooning, and something possibly unmodified to help get my insurance down as its a bit OTT.

Yeah but thems the breaks I spose. I only just found out about this car this morning, but I just wanted to share as it is Corrado related :)

"equally superior" interesting phrase.. :)

Uh oh... who let out the Slashdot grammar and 'proper English' police.

You know what I meant you pedantic old so and so :)

I'll give it some more thought - the car might be in bad condition or something.

But I have always wanted a VR for that noise :)

And I like the refinement to be honest.. I got the G60 as it was a clean well loved local example. But I don't necessarily prefer the harsh ride and booming g-charger over a standard VR6?

But I don't necessarily prefer the harsh ride and booming g-charger over a standard VR6?

That's what happens when you start messing with cars - always a compromise between performance and refinement!! You get both with the VR tho :wink:

I'm also aware that my neighbours might be getting slightly annoyed with my noisy G60 - didn't realise how loud it was till John (I think) at Stealth backed my car out and ran it from the back of the workshop round to the front and I could hear it go the whole way round.

My sister says she can hear me turn onto the bottom of the road I live on and make its noisy way up the road before I noisily park up on an evening - no wonder so many people turn and look at me!! Its all good fun but I don't like to annoy the neighbours! :)

I dunno - I like the VR6 noise a lot - really I do.

Oh so do I, I'll see if I can get some clips from the footage of mine being ragged at full throttle on Friday...

Still doesn't compare to the pant soiling noise a big block V8 makes though :)

No, if you want *real* noise, get yourself down to Santa Pod and listen to (and feel) a Top Fuel V8 drag car scorch up the track in 5 seconds or less..... :twisted:

Heard my dad's 5.7 litre V8 Corvette last time I popped over to the states. My god! :shock: sounds lovely... 8) (exhasust was perhaps a tad loud though, it overpowered the sound of the engine when you're in the cabin... and i know which i'd prefer to hear..)

I'll see what happens.

I'd like to at least own a VR6 for a short amount of time. I have no emotional attachment to my current car or anything so i'll see if I get any more info about this car.

I'll see what happens.

I'd like to at least own a VR6 for a short amount of time. I have no emotional attachment to my current car or anything so i'll see if I get any more info about this car.

Yeah but think about the amount of money you've spent putting it right... how much is it gonna cost you to go back to square 1 and do all of that again?

I haven't spent that much - the car was 'done' when I got it.

Hm.. actually thinking about it I have spent £1,500 on this since buying it doing various bits and pieces etc.. but i'd like a pretty standard Corrado as well. Its a shame I can't even think about affording both! :(

But i'll make some money back on the mods I have done - its not like i've just been throwing money away like I had on my Saxo!

I have no emotional attachment to my current car

I think that's the key thing here. No matter how much has been spent on a car, if you don't get attached to it it's all a bit pointless IMO (apart from possibly increasing its resale value). Personally, I actually like buying a car that needs a few things doing to it (though preferably not bodywork).

Besides, it doesn't cost anything to look at the car - and it could be a bargain too.

Thats basically what I am thinking.

I do like my G60 but I wouldn't be upset if I sidestepped into VR6 ownership :)

Yeah agreed..... but he does have some kind of feeling towards it otherwise he wouldn't double take when walking away from it, which he does a lot apparently!

Mine annoys the hell out of me sometimes but I couldn't part with it, well, not for another Corrado, that's for sure.

I think he's yearning for a bit of refinement in his old age :lol: Slippers and pipe next :-P

I'd walk and look back at ANY Corrado mate.. I just love the shape of em :)

I'm only really considering it because :

* Standard VR on Speedlines is my all time favourite 'look' for the Corrado.

* Later interior - so much nicer than early

* Totally unmodified - scope for a few sensible tweaks but will be a LOT easier & cheaper to insure

* A little easier on the ear lobes

* Always liked red with black leather combo to be honest.

* I'd like to own a VR6 one day!

My current G60 is a beaut and it would NOT just be a case of throwing it on Autotrader and selling it to the first boy racer who turned up just to get rid of it. It may not be pristine but i'm proud to say its my car, and would like to think there are a few other people out there who would as well.

But this is all hypothetical at this stage.. I haven't even had a reply to my first email to her yet for some reason! Hehe :)

Only £1,500 :shock: Get some time in Jim :lol:

Difficult decision man, but if its down to the noise/refinement/insurance then I'd say go for the vr - assuming its in OK nick. Can Vince check it out before you make a decision? And like you say, you have no attachment for the G. Want me to look after it for a while to make up the set :lol: