daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Think my drivers handle is on the way out takes two attempts to open the door( first attempt everything seems to flex and feels sloppy ). DO I need the kit :oops:

The handle should pull out about 7mm before you feel the striker arm engage.

daves16v, Only heard about your door kit from VAGdrivers.net.

Can you give me a price on the kit for the 2 doors and postage to Sligo Ireland would be greatly appreciated. as gettin in the passengers door is getting on my nevers now. Cheers.

Hi Dave,

Damn, didn't find this thread in time! Back in Feb I forked out for a new driver's door handle from the stealership. However, needed it as would have failed the mot!

Have kept old handle, would be interested in price for a drivers side repair kit plus postage to Herefordshire. Yes, the arm snapped, 2 weeks before the mot expired! Same old same old I guess!

Thanks.

Tell ya what would be really handy?

Either edit the first post in *this* thread with the repair kit details (prices, how to buy them, contact details and so on), or start a *new* thread with this information at the top.

I've not looked in for a while and I had to dig to page 3 of 11 before I found a price, and I don't even know if that's current yet .. ! :)

Foggystorm, the door handle screw is opposite thread. Just undo the screw, and wiggle the handle free from the door. It's possible to fit the repair kit, but it's pretty tight.

If you can't do it in situ, you'll have to take the doorcard off, pull back the door membrane and unplug the handle loom + all the clips (think there's 3?) that hold the loom into the door frame. Then you can just carefully pull the plug up through the door handle aperture. HTH!

Can I get one for each side please?

Also, do you still have the headlight switch repair kit? If so, then one of those too please. :D

Any other homemade repair kits from enterprising Corrado owners I should know about (I've just asked for a headlight loom on the other thread)?

Just after looking back over the forum and realised what the repair kit is! I don't think its what i'm looking for. My door handle functions propery, its just that the handle is coming away from the door, its loose. i have taken it off and it appears that 2 little plastic grommets are missing from the door, that are supposed to keep it secure. Where would i get some of these?

Are those the White clips? Try the dealer.

Also check that the handle screw is secure, it's on the end of the door by the handle. Driver side is usually left hand thread.

Dave,

Had a few handles break now so think its time to try your kits,

Would like 2x drivers and 1x Passenger please

Also.......just got a handle off ebay, and it does not fit, it looks the same but the dimensions are slightly different, particularly where it bolts to the car...... is this a passat one? any ideas so I can tell him whats he has sold me.

Send me the details and I will paypal straight away.

Steve

Are you going to bring some along to Stanford tomorrow? Might be interested....

Yeah ok will do.

Are those the White clips? Try the dealer.

Also check that the handle screw is secure, it's on the end of the door by the handle. Driver side is usually left hand thread.

Yes those are the ones. . i've checked the handle screw, tight as you like. i'll try the dealer.

Cheers dave.

My dad orderd me a repair kit off ebay, It didn't come with instructions. From what i can gather u need to remove the pin that holds the brokenpiece in place, but how do you get the pin out without damaging it. Ive read this thread and it looks as though you need to use new pins when fitting the rapair kit. Could any of you point me in the right direction as im pulling my hair out lol.

Cheers