Sign in to follow this  
Trippy

just been offered a very nice VR6 storm, whats it worth?

just been offered a very nice VR6 storm, green with cream leather on a 1996 'N' 2 previous owners full history, 18k miles! yes eighteen thousand, garaged, immaculate, just looks like new, what's it worth? any ideas?

thanks

Yeah.. its gotta easily be worth that. Don't think i've heard of many with such low miles on em! Might even be worth about £10,000 to be honest.. i've seen VR6's going for that kind of money before, and for people looking to buy totally original, cherished, unmolested cars like this, there will be that kinda money out there.

You probably already know this. Please ask what they are prepared to let it go for, dont go in there with 8k when they may be happy to say goodbye to it for £3k, you never know. If its anything less than £8k buy it, even if your going to resell it.

well what are you offering for it?????..........its all very well asking us "what we think its worth".....but are you not a trader :?: ,so therefore should know what it is really worth?.......so therefore if we say £10k for example and you get it for £8k i wonder how long it will take before it appears on here for sale at £10k.......nice little earner for you eh? :wink: ................i'm sorry for this cynicism but......we are all meant to be "enthusiasts" here........fair enough making a small profit or covering yer costs etc but using the forum to speculate a price that you'll no doubt use as a "valuation" for pricing it when you punt it up for sale when being blunt you'll be out to get it for as minimum outlay and maximum profit.....to me isn't being an enthusiast and also IMHO isn't what being on this forum is about

hmmmn, people have got the wrong end of the stick here :roll: i'm not a trader for a start, i just like swapping car's quite often, nothing wrong with that, and i'm very fond of corrado's and think i've had 8 to date. yes i am selling two car's on the forum at the moment, which originally i was going to make 1 good car out of the pair of them, not that there's anything wrong with them individually, but i quite fancied a supercharged VR6 put into the reiger kitted car and buying a full car (the white one) seemed the cheapest way of getting hold of all the parts. Anyway, i can't be bothered changing over all the parts now as it's just too much hassel! so i decided to offer the two car's on here as i'd rather they went to enthusiasts rather than boy racers :wink: and i was planning to buy myself a nice 993 carrera 4S, but then i was offered the VR6 storm, i thought it'd be worth about £10k myself but i was just checking as i thought there'd be far more knowledgeable people on here, and they'd have a better idea as to what it would be worth. and it's very likely if i do buy it, it'll end up for sale on here first so you guy's get first refusal, think that's quite fair! :D

that's my rant over with now............. :lol:

I'd put damn good money that it ends up for sale on with at least 12 months and it'll be more than you paid for it.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

i'm not a trader for a start, i just like swapping car's quite often
Hmmm

it's very likely if i do buy it, it'll end up for sale on here
Sounds like a trader to me :wink:

lol, no really i'm not a car trader :oops: and what's wrong with anyone making a little money on anything?, fair play to them, at the end of the day you can only sell something for what someone else is willing to pay for it, as long as everyones happy, everything's ok.

or that's how i see it anyway

Trippy, This forum is for intended for people who are Corrado enthusiasts - not as an advertising medium for people who just want to make a "quick buck" :wink:

lol, no really i'm not a car trader :oops: and what's wrong with anyone making a little money on anything?, fair play to them, at the end of the day you can only sell something for what someone else is willing to pay for it, as long as everyones happy, everything's ok.

or that's how i see it anyway

there's now't wrong with making some money.....however if we take the white S/C VR you have for sale............now you going to tell me you paid full asking price for that(IIRC the guy had it for sale for approx £3.5k and was desperate to sell within a week of it being on the forum)........ok you've maybe had to do some work to it(IIRC the dash/some interior bits were dmaged)but come on when you first put it up for sale you had it for £5k+..................fair enough you could always bargain down etc but what did you spend on it tops...£500??????

then we have the rieger-kitted ex-max-power C..........you had it up for sale within a month of buying it.....either as a whole car or split.....long before the white S/C VR was on here for sale

sorry but to me that makes it look like you are a trader........and going by the fact out of your 70+posts on the forum that less than a third are still active points to the fact most of your posting is done on the "for sale" forums.....also makes it look more like a trader...........part-time or full-time a trader is still a trader......as VR6 says its just an observation

well, sorry if i've upset anyone, not intended at all. i did have the rieger kitted car up for sale within a month of buying it, because originally i was gonna put the motor and 6 speed box out of it in my white 1.8 16v which i had at the time, but i decided that i rather liked the rieger kitted car and decided to put the leather trim in it out of my 1.8 16v and sell that instead.

i just don't get the whole thing about being upset at people making money though? if you could buy something and sell it in a couple of weeks time and make £2k or whatever on it i'm sure you wouldn't be complaining? and i wouldn't be complaining about it, like i said fair play to anyone that can do it, work smarter not harder..... :)

Well when its on this forum and community that we have built up over a few years, and I see potential new owners walking into a situation where they might throw a few grand away thanks to someone elses money making scheme, then that makes things a little harder to appreciate.

I'm all for some shrewd business skills and a bit of wheeler dealing, but when its so bloody blatant and obvious, then it just becomes a much more bitter pill to swallow.

1996 VR6 storm, Green with cream leather heated interior, 18k miles, full VW service history, 11months mot, 6 months tax, 2 previous owners, alway's garaged, immaculate condition £10,000ono

just kidding............... :lol:

got a nice skyline GTR for sale though if anyone's interested? :roll:

well, sorry if i've upset anyone, not intended at all.

i just don't get the whole thing about being upset at people making money though? if you could buy something and sell it in a couple of weeks time and make £2k or whatever on it i'm sure you wouldn't be complaining? and i wouldn't be complaining about it, like i said fair play to anyone that can do it, work smarter not harder..... :)

no you haven't upset us :wink:

and no we wouldn't be complaing about making £2k within 2 weeks............but when you're a Corrado enthusiast like most on here (including yourself) you don't go out of your way to profit on someone elses lack of knowledge...........i wouldn't like a newbie coming on here looking at a C(S/C'd VR6) that had been bought cheaply(as it has already been on the forum cheaper unbeknown to them) then punted for a massive profit without knowing ALL the details............

i'm a bad person arn't i :cry:

that's it i'm off for some more therapy.......... :drinking:

anyway it's good to hold a conversation with someone on here, it is true i do usually only post on here when i'm selling stuff!

think i've only met a couple of people off here in real life........

i have no idea where this post's going now! :?

i wouldn't be complaining no - but I would still feel like I've ripped off a fellow enthusiast. AApologies for keeping this going - just HAD to add my 2 pence

probably about £8000

Hey, just to get back on topic :roll: , the prices of storms seems to be going through the roof on Autotrader. If the mileage is a genuine 18k and thats reflected in the condition then I reckon someone out there is going to be 10k at the very very least :shock:

Right- back to beating trippy :)

who would pay 8k for it ?

I wouldnt guys,sorry !

when it comes to values I agree they are worth more,but coming to think of it

How would you value a scirroco Storm ?

Enjoy them for sure,thats why our one isnt locked away.

I would pay more for a better condition car,

But Im probably not in touch with the VR6/Storm Scene.

I'd be more worried about pikeys ripping the storm badges off and floggin them on Ebay for £80.

Sick but true.

chubbz