Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Any info regarding L986 NGU - very shady history

As in the title of this thread: If anyone knows any past history of a 2.0L 16V metallic grey Corrado reg - L986 NGU please contact me ASAP...

In the process of changing the bottom end over I have found the existing bottom end to be a KR lump with a 9A head!!! It had front end damage - only tell tale sign was that it had an early front bumper and it now seems that it has be re-spayed (in the same colour) at some point! This car was sold to me as a genuine low milage Corrado and was fine(ish) for the first month.... it has now cost me ££££'s to put right and has been nearly a year since I've been able to have a play!!!

I'm not convinced the last owner was aware of the state of play and feel like a bit of a fool for not getting an AA check before handing over my hard earned cash...

Anyways it's all nearly as it should be now and I will finaly find out what I've been missing out on...

If anyone knows anything relating to the cars history - previous owners - garages that may have had it in - anything please let me know

Thanks

Phil

That's some crappy news to hear Phil :(

On the other hand, it might just be that a previous owner decided to do some engine fettling while the front was being re-built anyway...?

It would be good to get some more history on the car, but if you're happy with it and you've spent lots on it, then that's all that matters.

Most C's have been re-built in some way or other by now anyway. Some are body, lots are engine and chassis work, so really don't worry about it too much mate.

Thanks for the support guys... went up to see her this morning and she's looking great :D The 9A is in (without head) and I've brought a few bits home to clean, polish and paint. Should all be back together and purring by the end of next week (fingers crossed) There is no way I'll be selling this for a looooooooooooong time now I can tell you - overall it's cost me more than I could have bought a VR for a year ago!!!

It would be pleasing to find out any additional history though as a matter of interest more than anything else... just so I have an idea of how many other C's gave up their existance to create my "guenuine, low milage Corrado" :wink: :lol:

You can always get the DVLA to provide the V5 or log book history, I think they charge around a fiver if memory serves me correctly.

This will provide you with copies of all the previous owners V5's and although its a long shot you can then write to the address shown on file asking for photos etc. This may turn up when and why your C has been repaired but it also might turn up some other earlier history that wasn't passed on as people are funny about stuff like that sometimes.

Cheers,

Yan

Maybe worth just doing a full HPI check on it as well.. maybe its been written off in the past or something equally awful? :(

Jeez Phil.. no wonder they couldn't get it running right!!

Are there any performance 'mods' that would be based upon a KR block with 9A head?

Ohil.. from DVLA website.. http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/relinfo.htm

Enquiries By Letter:

Previous keeper details

If you are the current keeper you can get information about any earlier keepers on application. You should write to: Vehicle Record Enquiries, Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AJ quoting the registration number of the vehicle and giving the reasons for your request. A fee of £5 is payable.

Cheers for that dude.. will be writting to the DVLA to see what I can find out! As far as performance goes I think I had the worst bottom end with the worst head!!! you hear of 9A bottom end with KR head but never the other way round!!! would have thought I'd have been lucky to have 100bhp TBH :wink: Really can't wait to find out what I've been missing out on :mrgreen: