Sign in to follow this  
Ford

To find a thief in Norwich...K976VPB

Hi, on my first foray into buying a VR6 I put a deposit down on a VR6 (august). Unfortunately the seller called the deal off at the very last minute, due to not having the V5 doc (I know!!!!), he said that he would return my deposit, but it has been two months and I still have not got it back :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!! I had his work address and was using this for correspondance that was until he resigned and dissappeared!!! I am trying to persue my deposit through the small claims courts, but I need an address for this guy.

Anyway, I know there are a few corrado's in Norwich, and a few of them are on here, and we all tend to keep an eye out for other C's. I know where quite a few are that live near me. Well if anybody has seen an Aqua blue VR6 with black leather seats with the reg K976 VPB, I would really appreciate some details address etc. Long shot I know, but running out of options. I am getting a form from the DVLA to track it that way and we have informed the Norwich police - theft by deception.

I have his name but unfortunately he has moved from his rented accomodation too. The guys name is David Peck.

Worth a try. He wont get away with it :x . I will find you Peck!!!! :x

Many thanks

Sorry to hear off your bad luck, we not all like that here.

I'll keep an eye out for you,

Was it the aqua blue one on ebay from norwich?

Got any pics off it, i know what the car looks like obviously, but was gonna look at background etc

Much appreciated Crazymarcel, yep that was the one!!! Knew it was far too good to be true!! Fingers burnt, lesson learnt. Doubt the pictures will be much help I am afraid, but here they are anyway. The last address I had for them was at Dalrymple Way...

Many thanks

More like David the Pecker.. I hate eBay scammers!! :evil:

Good luck getting your money back mate!

Just an idea, have you tried searching Autotrader for it?

Yeah, thanks, I have been keeping a very careful eye out for it since. I check the C's on Autotrader all the time.

Cheers

Dalrymple Way but u say this was rented, and he's moved since?

If thats the case and thats where the pics show, then all i can do is keep an eye out for ya mate, unless its still at that address?! :?

Next sub test i'll go that way

Get his reg plate printed up and run a few cameras in a C, hehe :twisted: , soon be back up for sale and then you can find him! :evil:

try 192.com

there cant be many people with the surname peck out there.

even if you get the parents tell them your from visa and you need his address and phone number or your going to forclose

any crap like that usually works....

chubbz

Get his reg plate printed up and run a few cameras in a C, hehe :twisted: , soon be back up for sale and then you can find him! :evil:

Thats the best one IMHO. :lol:

Reminds me of a story.. Can't remember if it's been on here already, so here goes..

A few guys in Oz got a speed camera "safety partnership" guy talking, while their mates popped round the back of the camera van and nicked the number plate. They then thrashed up and down past the camera for the next happy half hour, wearing the van's own plate! :)

Ford, Sorry to hear about that, mate. As I live in Norwich these days will surely keep an eye out. Don't know if you bid on this VR sight unseen, but as it happens I took a look at this car about ten hours before the end of the auction with the guys g.friend, and was not at all impressed, paint and leather was ropey IMO, and when I lifted the boot carpet looked like it had been rear ended and had had some ropey welding to splice in a new section. Deffo was not a looked after example. My g.friend couldn't beleive how quickly I made my excuses and left. Maybe was best you didn't end up paying the full whack for her after all. No consolation I know. Occurs to me that I may have looked at the same spec car at another location in Norwich about a month before this one, and may have been the same girl was hanging about. I'll take a drive past some time this week and see if the plate is the same (could be mistaken so don't get your hopes up). Not too many C's around this way, so wel'l keep 'em peeled!

speak to the dvla they will some time's give out personal information if you have got a just cause for wanting it,or speak to the police because technicaly its theft.hope you get it sorted soon.

Many thanks for all the advice and comments, really helpful. I love the idea of copying the plates gibber_2k, that's a classic! Will try the DVLA when the forms come through and go from there, we will get there eventually.

But for what kvwloon, says sounds like I have saved a lot of money, makes me feel a bit better! May have just been the deposit but could have been a lot more! You mentioned that you looked at the same speck car a month earlier, it wasn't silver was it? He mentioned that his mate had a silver one. Anyway, I checked out the guys ebay record and it wasnt good, but only after I did the deal, it went down hill after that. I spoke to a guy yesterday, that had sold a volvo to these jokers and they completely messed him about. He gladly gave me all the details he had on them, including the girlfriends mobile, so trying to get through on that.

Anyway will keep you posted on events, thanks again, off to copy some number plates....

Not like I would ever do anything like that, but then again people shouldnt run a key down the side of my golf! :twisted:

Had a look on RAC web-site it has had 3 previous owners, the last owner change was 8th March 04. Probably not much help, but every bit of info helps.

Good luck.

From 192.com Electoral Register 2003 & directory enquiries:

Electoral Roll

DAVID PECK

44 SILVER ROAD NORWICH NR3 4TB 2003

DAVID PECK

43 CARSHALTON ROAD NORWICH NR1 3BW 2003

DAVID PHILIP PECK

9 SHERIDAN CLOSE DRAYTON NORWICH NR8 6RW 2003

DAVID J PECK

14 WREN CLOSE NORWICH NR4 7NR 2003

« start » « prev next » 1 - 4 of 4 results new search

Directory Enquiries

DAVID PECK

43 CARSHALTON ROAD NORWICH NR1 3BW

01603 662 019

D PECK

6 HEATH WAY BLOFIELD NORWICH NR134RS

01603 713 182

P.S I'm pretty sure this is legal as all I did was search a public access DB, however, if anyone know different, please tell me and I'll delete it.

Tom

Now you want to get your biggest, scariest mates with baseball bats and go and visit all the above addresess until you find that piece of sh&t and then break his fecking knee caps!!! :twisted:

And yes, I am the guy that starts in the Police in a few months :mrgreen: . Ssshhh...... don't tell them! :wink:

Timo.

Now you want to get your biggest, scariest mates with baseball bats and go and visit all the above addresess until you find that piece of sh&t and then break his fecking knee caps!!! :twisted:

And yes, I am the guy that starts in the Police in a few months :mrgreen: . Ssshhh...... don't tell them! :wink:

Timo.

I see a film like that a bloke was knocking off all the Sarah Connor's, got the names from the phone book/