Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Cheapest Octavia vRS EVER!

This isn't an advert (like eBay and misc) - just one I saw on Autotrader and couldn't believe!

SKODA OCTAVIA 1.8 VRS, 51 reg.

32000 miles, FSH, climate, leather, 6CD, Tax & 12 months MOT, 225 BHP, London relocation forces reluctant sale, first to ses will buy. £4,995.

Distance: 23 miles

Price: £4,995

Its black metallic and it looks superb!

Something HAS to be wrong with it at that price though?!

Surely Shome Mishtake! That car is worth £8K minimum all day long. I'd say It's either a damage repairable or a mistake with the price.

I know I don't need to quote 'if it seems too good to be true .... ' to you. Depends how much of an uber bargain it seems to be.

What would you expect the price to be? If it's about £9k then it could be pukka. If the usual price should be more like £12k, then something must be fishy. You see my 9am logic?!

Na you are right - i'm not gonna phone about it or anything anyway! Minimum price on the trader for that car with lesser spec after that was £8500.. so something is definately a bit ropey :)

He'd only need to lop a grand off to sell the car EASY.

He could take it to any trader for that kind of price if it was legit and they'd snap his hands off.

Just seems a bit dodgy...

ive seen a few octavia VRS's recently for about 5.5k, 1 had mega miles and the other was a CAT D write off.

i love these cars man, if i had 5k hanging around id seriously consider 1, you get sooo much for your money.

Jim, are you considering getting one?

Its a Skoda,to some people theres still badge snobbery

51 makes it 3 year old ?

yes mate :wink:

people that still have badge snobbery over new skoda's are fools, nowadays they are very good cars :D

I'd rather have the Octavia vRS than quite a few VW's to be honest.. badge snobbery just doesn't apply to these cars for me any more!

i worked on an old skoda once, helping a mate change a "kingpin" or something like that.

it was "G" plate, but it still had a "horse and cart" chassis.

the new skoda's are on the whole dope cars, best of which being the top Octavia models.

and their comedy prices mean that soon (if not already) they will be project builder's dream.

buy a mk1 golf 1100, a low mileage octavia rs . . . . .

Its a Skoda,to some people theres still badge snobbery

51 makes it 3 year old ?

i hate the way u have to actually pause and work out which year it is and have a ? next to it,,,hat great ideas the UK comes out with

cars like this i would ignore normally,, but then again normally if u do call them theres no answer for a few days and than all of a sudden its sold

them numberplates used to baffle me.

but the "1" means 2001, and the "5" means halfway through the year.

intresting to see what happens in 2010 . . . .

well half-way through a "plate" year :wink: ....afterall it is March and September that the plate changes are so months 3 and 9 respectively...........why on earth they couldn't just do a proper month 1 and 7change about is beyond me........

well half-way through a "plate" year :wink: ....afterall it is March and September that the plate changes are so months 3 and 9 respectively...........why on earth they couldn't just do a proper month 1 and 7change about is beyond me........

its too easy bro,,,,, wont have enuff things to moan abt down the pub :x

in this age of technology, cars should have a little transmitter that sends out a signal, identifying it's raggety ass.

then no plates. hoorah :-P

in this age of technology, cars should have a little transmitter that sends out a signal, identifying it's raggety ass.

then no plates. hoorah :-P

and of course NO SPEEDING!!!(where appropriate of course) :( :(

I thought the Octavia RS was 180bhp anyway? I think I would enjoy driving this Skoda as most people will still stigmatize it and think it's crap like they probably think the Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo is crap cos "it's a fiat" just gives you more pleasure when you fly past cars that cost twice the price! 8)

It must have been chipped to bring it up to TT 225 bhp spec- same engine.

Will almost definately get one of these as my next car. An estate in Ebony Black 8) As others have said, you get sooo much for your money. Basically an A4 or Passat for half the dosh. 0-60 mph in 7.9 secs standard car. Tonnes of tuning potential with that engine too. Skoda were also voted no. 2 dealers in the Top Gear survey.

They probably think the Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo is crap cos "it's a fiat"

No, the Fiat Coupe is crap because it managed to hit pretty much every branch of the ugly tree on the way down. Then the tree fell on it.