Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Ive been LUPO'D but unhappy NOW FIXED AND WELL HAPPY!!!

Fitted my lupo wiper arms today,2 driverside ones,but the passenger blade leaves a patch on the screen every time :cry: driverside wipes luuurrrvly otherwise

Anyway round this?

Fitted my lupo wiper arms today,2 driverside ones,but the passenger blade leaves a patch on the screen every time :cry: driverside wipes luuurrrvly otherwise

Anyway round this?

Drive faster to press the blades onto the screen properly? :lol:

funny mine leaves a smudge on the drivers side - right in the middle.

still 100 times better than before.

same here..i think mine need replacing already...they dont seem to live long :roll:

My rear one (modded) leaves a streak in the middle because I managed to put a crease in the blade :(

what you done at the rear? would love to lupo it up :)

Get another Lupo kit and hack it off about 5cm from the wiper end.

Do the same with your existing Corrado arm.

Weld together and paint up.

Voila

still 100 times better than before.

same here..i think mine need replacing already...they dont seem to live long :roll:

But they are brand new :roll:

Could try a washer or two on the kinkage thread to give the blade some more pressure?

The aero wipers don't tend to last very long. The set on my Polo have gone already and I only bought them 4 months ago! :(

Anyway round this?

Clean your windscreen thoroughly, then wipe the whole screen with neat screenwash concentrate. Also do the same to your wiper rubbers.

Your screen has surface contaminants on it - usually caused by the chemical content in spray from wet roads.

My *3rd* set are 3 months old and juddering already. Think I'm going to revert back to my Lupo arm / normal wiper blade mod!

Yeah mine judder too.

I've noticed after a few months of the blade sitting on the screen it no longer trails across the screen but the leading edge of the blade is ahead of the arm therefore is pushed over the screen. The condition of the screen surface also has an effect - drier screen = more judder = Steve Macs suggestions ?

That's why the Phaeton / Bentley GT physically lifts the wiper arm at rest to flip the leading edge of the blade over so that they wear evenly 8)

Normal wipers don't judder after 3 months and you shouldn't have to clean the screen to get a good wipe (oo er), so the old style blades are going back on.

well ive had mine fitted for about 12months and still like new and trust me they get some stick living in huddersfield, i think it rains 9 days out of a week :)but i have to agree with stevemac on keeping the windsceen clean though

Someone mentioned changing the linkage to cure judder but Kev has changed his linkage recently but still gets judder.........correct me if wrong..........Kev???

Currently still gobsmacked by my Lupo wipers as i've only had em on a week or two. Driving this evening in the pitch black and lashing rain was a real revalation!

But did hang onto the old arms and blades in case things turn sour which, by the sounds of things, is quite possible!

jimsG60, my Lupo's were great for the first few months. Still got my old wipers so I might stick em on with the Lupo arms. Still think whatever blades you have on will tend to stick in the rest position and therefore cause judder.

Someone mentioned changing the linkage to cure judder but Kev has changed his linkage recently but still gets judder.........correct me if wrong..........Kev???

Yep, my wipers are 100% new bar the motor and the lupo wipers judder. I've also got a recent screen, so it's not that either.

The real problem with Corrado wipers is the spring pressure in the arms. The Lupo arms solve that but the blades are inferior I am sorry to say. Using the Lupo arms with normal blades (an easy mod) gives a far superior and longer lasting wiper performance than the aero blades. The aero blades are new and have been modified at least 3 or 4 times, so they're still in their infancy. Give them a couple more years refinement and they'll be good. In the meantime, I just can't be bothered with Rain-X every fortnight over the winter months.

My *3rd* set are 3 months old and juddering already. Think I'm going to revert back to my Lupo arm / normal wiper blade mod!

Just clean your screen & wiper blades as detailed above :wink:

Kev - the Lupo wipers have been modified because VW thought there was a problem with the originals (due to extensive sales for RHD cars). Truth is - there was no problem with the original Lupo GTI wipers - we were just fitting them to Corrado's instead.

If looked after - the aero blades are far better than the old style. 8)

You just need to drill out the mounting hole of the normal blade to 4.5mm IIRC and then space out the blade with some thin strips of 4mm diameter hose. You'll see what I mean when you try it. Sounds bodgey but it doesn't look it.