Sign in to follow this  
AlanVW

Selling the Corrado, Already ;c(

Have only owned the corrado for 2 weeks now and im going to sell it already.

already hoping to get my money back for it.

To be quite honest i just wasnt impressed wiith the performance of it. i dont know if i got a duff one or something but the 1.8 16v was pretty poor. the handiling and ride quality was great and a really nice car but just too slow.

So what are the oppinions on a G60 ? will the performance of that impress me more than my 16v ?

I Cant get insurance on one of them, and evan if i did i doubt i could buy one in the first place!

So it's going to have to be a G60 now. and if im not happy with that i just dont know what to do .

G60 is completley different animal to the 16v. If you like low down power then this is the one. I have had both and the G60 was soooooooo much better than the 16v. TBH I am dissapointed with the 16v as well and would have a G60 in a flash if I could.

why dont you find some forum users in your area and see if they`ll take you for a spin?

the 16v is a lazy car but it should provide you with enough fun if you keep the loud pedal floored,

G60`s are a different kettle of fish and much more tunable....it just depends on your needs from a car :?

Where abouts are you based?

Problem is a standard G60, whilst nice, won't feel enormously faster than a 16v - you ideally need to do a few easy mods on one just to sneak the power up a little, but by that point you are into seriously expensive insurance territory.

How old are you / how much no claims / who are you insured with?

Alanvw Sounds to me your giving up too easily I own a 1.816v myself and they can be hard work i know as i have also owned a VR6 which is a totally different machine, you need a good exhaust and filter and it will feel more responsive straight away, mine goes very well to be fair and make sure it is set up right you really have to drive the 16v hard to get the best out of it exploit all of its performance and they are fun 0-60 in just over 8 seconds and 131mph top speed is not slow even in todays standards and believe me ive had more than 131mph out of mine, Too many people slag the 1.8 16v off but remember it was the benchmark corrado in the uk so lets have some respect also after driving a standard G60 it did`nt feel any quicker than my car :shock:

get a modded G60 or allow for a G-Werks visit in your budget.................mine spins the wheels @ 60 in third since its been back from G-Werks !

Well i have been thrashing the crap out of the car lately i can get 110 out of it up a hill and havent really tried to get it flat out.

This is my situation, i am 19, 1st Year Apprentice Plant Mechanich. i have had 2 claims.

One of which was my fault the other wasnt, but insurance point of veiw i hut him. so i pay.

Own a Golf Driver 1600cc and am Paying £2000 to Tesco to insure it.

So i decided i wanted a quicker car. got some insurance quotes from elephant.co.uk

and they would insure me for £2000 for a Corrado 16v,G60

So i was figuring, why the hell should i pay that kind of money for my golf when I could be driving a Corrado.

Just thinking a Corrado G60 would be easier to get some more power out of than a 16v

110 up a hill aint that bad!!!

the G60 should be quicker than the 16v, and way easier to mod.

in standard form, the vr6 is the daddy, but all models have the capability to shred

...Own a Golf Driver 1600cc and am Paying £2000 to Tesco to insure it.

So i decided i wanted a quicker car. got some insurance quotes from elephant.co.uk

and they would insure me for £2000 for a Corrado 16v,G60...

£2K for 1 years insurance FT!!! I'd wait a year or two then get a C... or shop around - there must be cheeper insurance than that!!!

Also if you can only get 110mph out of it then it aint right IMO...

Well would you rather pay 2k to Tesco for a Golf Driver or 2k to elephant for a Corrado ?

Im thinking a G60 is maby my next route just to see what it's like

its all relative - vr6 still feels slow to me :(

but its getting there :)

Yeah but the VR doesn't make any effort to go quickly... it doesn't feel fast, but it is... :)

Try giving the car a good service first, there may be something at fault that's causing it to be a bit non-responsive. And you're like a red rag to a bull in the eyes of insurance companies so getting insurance on a faster car is going to be near impossible anyway so just be thankful you've got a car that looks good and still looks modern despite its age.

Or you could just stick a turrrrbo in it....

I'm craving more power already and am considering an M3 as my next car, I really love the Corrado but wish they just put a 24v head on and extracted another 30 or so bhp. Plus, I would like to own a RWD. Most people say don't get the evo cos the bi-vanos system is unreliable but I'm not convinced that the standard M3 is that much of a step up in performance from a Corrado VR6?

to be fair I know a few lads who have driven both and reckon the evo isnt *that* much better than the 3.0.

Ive drove an M3 GT and wasnt that impressed to be honest. turbos really are the way forward in my book

My last car was a BMW 3 series coupe but unfortunately only a 318is - but it did have 140bhp (a bit more than my 2L Corrado). The majority of the cars I've had have been rear-wheel drive, but the C is definately more fun to drive than my 3 series was but then my BMW was an auto

a friend of mine runs a bmw garage.

he had a 328, which was almost as fast feeling as my corrado vr6

now he has an m3. that makes my car look very feeble indeed.

the m3 is surely a very VERY fast car. waaaaay faster than a vr6.

the newer m3's are nicest. the e36's (what my mate has) are blandorama - and still 11k +.

with the BMW its all about image. not an image i desire.

I wouldn't touch a 4.5K M3 with a barge pole! Spend at least double that and get a good one that isn't about to thrown it's VANOS units on the floor......