Sign in to follow this  
AlanVW

Selling the Corrado, Already ;c(

Yeah but the VR doesn't make any effort to go quickly... it doesn't feel fast, but it is...

Its weird, isn't it? They feel flat until about 4000rpm, then they just seem to 'lighten up' & THEN you feel like you're moving!

I suspect that the way BMW have set up the M3, you have to drive it fairly hard ie above 4k to extract the best out of it, still, the performance figures speak for themselves. One thing I do know is that it will have to be considerably better than my Corrado to let her go..

Yeah but the VR doesn't make any effort to go quickly... it doesn't feel fast, but it is...

Its weird, isn't it? They feel flat until about 4000rpm, then they just seem to 'lighten up' & THEN you feel like you're moving!

It's a good feeling when it starts to take off again when you get over 4krpm :)

I think if we're honest the Corrado VR6 doesn't really start flying til atleast 3.5k, IMO it flies between about 3.5-5k. Which isn't really that much lower than the BMW, maybe it's just that there is more of a noticeable difference in the bimmer where as the Corrado has a more smooth and linear delivery?

Well, i have been messing around with my insurance again, and a Corrado VR6 Just isnt going to happen yet. I treid, (more than once)

But just out of curiosity I did get some quotes for some make cars and im going to be refunded £660 for a Saxo VTS, which i couldnt keep up with in the rad, reckon I was pulling on it after 100 but didnt have enough road to find out for sure.

refunded £224 for a Rover 220 Coupe Turbo. i know these are pretty quick

Refunded £350 For a MK3 Golf VR6.

and charged an extra £24 Quid for a Corrado G60.

I Took the golf out for a drive the other day, and i dont know if i want to go back down that route now. i am loving the corrado, but im finding it hard to justify spending that amount on insurance to be overtaken by 1.4 Corsa Sports.

Dont worry though, im not about to buy a saxo but someone is going to say that a corrado G60 is a Magical car and it's going to do marvelous things for me with my extra £24 quid.

Never regretted buying mine - bought it to keep my Racing Puma company which now very rarely gets driven

Well, i have been messing around with my insurance again, and a Corrado VR6 Just isnt going to happen yet. I treid, (more than once)

But just out of curiosity I did get some quotes for some make cars and im going to be refunded £660 for a Saxo VTS, which i couldnt keep up with in the rad, reckon I was pulling on it after 100 but didnt have enough road to find out for sure.

Saxo might make for seemingly cheap motoring, but they have all been thrashed to hell and back, break as regularly as a Corrado, and quite frankly one of the last cars in the world I would like to have a crash in.. I mean you could probably bend some of the body panels just by sneezing on them.

Well how easy is it to get 200bhp out of a G60 ?

I Could go for another option but Ii dont know if I could get insurance on it.

I am building a 16vt Engine for my mk1 golf I have some parts sorted out, but still need a lot of work to complete. could maby put it in the Rad.

I am building a 16vt Engine for my mk1 golf I have some parts sorted out, but still need a lot of work to complete. could maby put it in the Rad.

you'll have to bear in mind if you tune the G60 up to 200+bhp then the insurance might not be too happy with that given your relatively young years :wink:

you'll have to bear in mind if you tune the G60 up to 200+bhp then the insurance might not be too happy with that given your relatively young years :wink:

This is true. but what am i going to do!

This is true. but what am i going to do!

wait a little longer..............and give yer 16v a bit more of a chance.........as slimbo said get it serviced and checked over as they should still be pretty quick for an old-ish car

I should give it a bit more of a chance maby, get it serviced and tuned t. sort some of the little things with it it needs a new exauhst it's blown in 3 places, is like a monkey fitted it or something. also a new Clutch Master Cylnder and try and figure out why my dip beam keeps blowing the relay fuse.

it is a lovely car to drive.

My old Golf GTI 16V was an absolute flyer, it took a while getting used to, but a friend of mine who was a VW mechanic at the time had it running perfectly, oh and I had it chipped, k and n and a s/s exhaust so was probably putting out about 165bhp. Although a brilliant car, it was never as much fun as my 205! :)

Have you considered a car like a Ibiza Cupra? Or if you can get a new car why not an ibiza tdi Sport? group 7 Insurance and once it is chipped you will have as much torque as an Impreza STI! :wink:

well in that case he must of been lying to me when he sold it unless he did what you mentioned, I briefly had a mk2 8v gti which was my mums and the 16v had less torque low down but felt much quicker all round.

Bc student is right, mk2 16v cannot be chipped, and to be getting 165 bhp you must have done some pretty extensive work :wink:

considering the 1.816v C at the moment, i kno they handle great, but coming from a mk2 golf 16v, will i really feel a drastic change in performance???

there's no way my golf was as quick as my 205 but it was an mi16 so not really fair to compare. But if it was to drive every day as I need my Corrado now I would have a golf due to it's superior build quality and reliability.

How much reduction in fuel economy am I looking at if I get Shrick cams for my Corrado? :)