Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

VR6 Plugs..

Hi,

I have just realised my plugs have been in for approx 16k without any attention. I know they aren't fouled cos I look on a regular basis but they haven't been gapped. Should I be thinking about changing them- can you even regap those bosch four one if so what should the gap be :?

I only ask cos my VR seems to have lost a bit of shove below 4k. Now more than likely its just having an off day but it has got me thinking even so :pale:

Cheers

Mike

Just buy some new NGK Plugs... they arent expensive and no I wouldnt like to re gap - Bosch 4 prong plugs :D

They are *supposed* to last 20k miles, so if they're not fouled, and the car is running ok, leave 'em till the next service.

Does anyone ever have to regap plugs these days?

They are *supposed* to last 20k miles, so if they're not fouled, and the car is running ok, leave 'em till the next service.

Aye, they're supposed to last 20k miles, just like my heater controls are supposed to work on all 4 speed settings...

Vince at Stealth changes them every 10k regardless of what they are. In fairness the plugs will probably last 20k miles, but they're not gonna be too special by then.

Well yeah, and my wing mirrors are supposed to demist.. :roll:

I guess they're a component you can't replace too often, but my personal opinion is to leave it till the next service, and keep all the scheduled jobs done at the same time, rather than jumping in and swapping things in between services. Unless you have to, of course, which it doesn't sound like you do!

My 2p. :)