Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

theyre everywhere!!

I got in contact with the owner and asked if the car had been hpi'd - he said he has never done it.

I also contacted the highest bidder and refered them to this thread :lol:

Pete.

:twisted:

the highest bidder is probably his friend.

my friend tried to sell a storm on ebay with 20k more miles but ful service history and only 2 owners but he only managed to get 4350. and that was for a straight car!!

I asked about HPI and if owner could forward pics of repaired area, this is my question and the reply.

You asked:

"Hi, I'm interested in the car you are selling. You say that the car has previously had repaired accident damage to the rear quarter, do you have any pictures of the repaired area. Is the car HPI clear?"

hI. I didnt own the car when the rear end was hit. i HAVE NOT HPI D THE CAR. Thanks Pat

I find it very hard to believe someone would knowingly buy a car that was damaged repaired and not have it hpi'd or get proof of hpi/autoalign from the repairers themselves - very strange....

In denial me thinks :x

According to DVLA's records he's only owned it since June 2004 - why is he selling it so soon :lol:

Pete.

I also contacted the highest bidder and refered them to this thread

Looks like someone has benifited from your information, he's pulled out of the auction. It's now down to £4600.

Got an email from him thanking me for the info 8) - he contacted the seller and asked them to withdraw his bid!!

Pete.

I think you should email the guy who's selling the car, pictures of the crash damage. Get them sent to all the bidders too!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: DO IT!!!!!

Timo. :mrgreen:

good for you!!! Talk about big brother is watching you!! :mrgreen:

Have you sent them to the highest bidder?

Timo.

IMO that car just shouldn't be on eBay full-stop.............i'm pretty sure the current owner knows full well its unwanted history :roll:

According to his advert on CCGB website reserve is likely to be around £8K

The fact that it didn't sell doesnt mean that it won't crop up later on ebay / autotrader / local press and someone will pay that money and be sadly conned.

We know the registration of the vehicle - maybe John Munyard should make an alert page on the CCGB for registrations to look out for and likewise on the forum........

In the end of the day, none of us want to pay a lot of money for our perfect Corrado to find out its been written off twice. Its a horrible feeling............. :( :(

Storm 2 - you're right, but there's a good way to avoid being stung - get it HPI'd.

Anyone contemplating buying a VR6/Storm, especially one for good money is mad not to IMO. On a high performance 8+ year old car there's a high chance of a chequered past.

Well done to the seller.

It seems that he didn't actually know that it had been written off and he ahs now made it very clear in the auction. You've got to feel a bit sorry for him if he's just found out the bad news.

Although buying the car in the first place without a HPI check could be said to be a bit daft.

Buying anything worth more than £2k and not getting it HPid is a bit stoopid, given the complete lack of comeback if the car turns out to be stolen or cat A/B write off.

Meanwhile, quoting the ad: "A full Magnetex ehhaust system wth cat bypass has been fitted.I still have the old cat."

D'you think it'd be churlish to point out to the poor geezer that the car isn't road-worthy cos it'd fail it's MOT without the catalyst...? ;)

I'll ignore the spelling of Magnex tho.. :)

No cat doesnt always mean a mot fail on emissions in that the car may still pass the emissions test without the cat fitted and be perfectly legal.

Cats were fitted to cars to help bring emissions down - modern management systems can sometimes manage this on there own 8)

Ok so what do tou guys think its worth now? From the pics it looks quite tidy anyway.

well considering its been written-off twice.......IMO its only worth between £2500-£3500 tops

No cat doesnt always mean a mot fail on emissions in that the car may still pass the emissions test without the cat fitted and be perfectly legal.

I realise this, but I'll bet the car wasn't MOTd without the cat in place...

Has anyone done a proper emissions test on a VW VR6 without the cat? I'd be surprised if a big V6 could manage to get under the emissions regs easily.