Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Absolute Bandit!!!

Damn right, if I got paid for the amount of "crap" I have to d/w I'd be a millionaire by now :evil: ( Happy Halloween)

My goodness!

This was posted last year....

Bathroom sealer, hmmmm, I doubt it as I bought from PMA auto supplies in Cranleigh.

£840 for 17" BBS RS's is a steal if they were in pieces

£210 to re-seal some RS wheels.. You should be shot! That’s daylight robbery... someone report that bugger to the authorities!

i was thinking the same thing myself :lol:

There's running a fresh bead of silicon round the inner edge of the dish plate, and there's stripping the plates off doing it all again from scratch.... I think the latter is implied by the cost involved.

It took me 2 hours to redish a ZW1, so I think I'd rather pay someone £200 to do 4 of the feckers personally...

Yeah unfortunately you do need to take the tyres off to rebuild a split rim.

It is easy mind, just time consuming as you have to undo 36 or so bolts, clean all the old silicon off, reapply fresh silicon and then torque all the bolts up again inside 15-20 mins before the silicon cures! And you also have to make sure you use a thin bead on the mounting surface otherwise silicon splurges out of the gaps, which is a pain to remove neatly.

RH use some lovely silicon with metal flake in it the same colour as the rims. Us mere mortals have to use B&Q stuff!