Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Discontinued Items

I bought my Corrado just over 2 weeks ago and busy ordering bits and pieces as I go along. I hear lots of talk about things being discontinued for the Corrado and wondered if anyone has a list of what is now discontinued. Would be useful to know what bits I should consider getting asap from any old stock that might be hanging around.

I suggested putting up a sticky thread about discontinued items ages ago, but it fell upon cloth ears though.

Feel free to make a list of any items the dealer has discontinued and I or the other Mods can sticky it for you.

VDO Gauge Clusters

Quantum Mudflaps

I have been looking for the VDO gauges for my VR6 since, well ages! I have got my local vw garage to order them for me and they have put a "special" request through to germany. After 1 month with no reply they faxed through a request back to my local garage asking for my Chassis number and said that upon receipt of chassis number they will send out my new VDO gauges!!!! Hoping to have them next week.

I'll let you all know how i get on. :-P

i thought VW had already gone back to VDO to ask about remanufacturing these and been told sorry no can do?.........hopefully this was a myth and the rest of you ppl could enjoy these fine guages 8)

have been looking for the VDO gauges for my VR6 since, well ages! I

Dave- what part numbers are these gauges? I have got a load of stuff to order from VW- I'll tag these on the back and see what happens :wink:

Cheers

Do a search as CrazyMarcel ordered them with no problems last year.

The guage panel is £120 and then there is a another £60 on top of that (IIRC) for the oil pressure sender fitting kit. You basically have to T-off one the pressure senders and fit the VDO sender to the T piece.

yeah but seemingly i got the last set in the UK in Jan/Feb this year :wink:

The guage panel is £120 and then there is a another £60 on top of that (IIRC) for the oil pressure sender fitting kit. You basically have to T-off one the pressure senders and fit the VDO sender to the T piece.

VDO do a dual pole sender that replaces one of the oil pressure switches on the filter housing. It has the switch and sender in one unit so making it a much more straight forward fitment with no need for a T piece.

Dashboard centre consule was discontinued 2002. There's supposed to be 3 new ones sat at on the shelves of three dealers. I phoned 2 of them and they didn't have them listed on their stock. The third dealer, i never got past the answer phone.

I ordered some earlier this year and they sent this special request off to Germany but the manufacturer turned around and said that they wouldn't make them so I gave up.

Let me know how you get on please Dave and good luck!

My local Vw Garage emailed me this Pic this evening! Got it in brand new from Germany this morning!!!! Genuine article in the box from VW. Gonna go out there now tonite and fit it! Fliping class, special order and took 2 months but worth the wait. Right hard drive gauges!!!!!!

***pic resized & thumbnailed - stevemac***

Wow,

Along with probably about a million other people I called the dealer as soon as I saw the post.

He says that I can order the two gauges, but the piece of trim panel is definitely not in stock and there is no part number!!!

Can anyone help- My only hope is that maybe the trim panel comes complete with one of the gauges but its a long shot-

Let us know what part numbers you ordered mate- I'll be putting my order in prontsky :wink:

Along with probably about a million other people I called the dealer as soon as I saw the post.

He says that I can order the two gauges, but the piece of trim panel is definitely not in stock and there is no part number!!!

Err... Its all one unit! - he is talking about the early one with the round gauges to fit the early dash!

Err... Its all one unit! - he is talking about the early one with the round gauges to fit the early dash!

Aye your not wrong.

Well phoned the dealer up again and he said it comes up on his system as part obsolete and that he is not even able to place an order for this part. Oh Bugger. I really wanted one of those as well

Part Number on unit ordered from VW is!

"536 919 527"

Defo the right part number and the right fit for later dash right hand drive!

It should come up as a right part number now when the VW garage do a search for it. Before I ordered mine it came up as an incorrect part now it shows up as true!!!

* * * 536 919 527 * * * Corrado Gauges!

That is the right part number and any dealer that says he can't get it is a lazy sod! There is a special order process and all the dealer has to do it fax through an order form to Germany. Its pink tell him! I've seen it!

They will repsond within a few days and confirm its availability.

* * * 536 919 527 * * * Corrado Gauges!

Recommended Retail price from Irish VW Garage is 140 euros, that is 97 pounds sterling.

Thats the recommended price, it can be got for less!

Just spoke to my dealer about this- part number doesn't come up, haven't heard of it, yadayadayada.

They told me it must be an after market part, and wouldn't believe me when I said it was genuine VW. So irritating.