Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Discontinued Items

Yep I have had just the same from two dealers now- one actually tried ordering the part but said the system blocked him from ordering because it was obsolete...

Don't want to sound cheeky Dave B but what dealer are you ordering this from. I might give them a call myself and try my luck with them.

Cheers

Mike

UK Deffo has not got these in stock. anywhere. Their system is only geared up for the uk market where davebirl is obviously in contact with a dealer outside the uk, namely Ireland, where they can hook-up to the German parts bin. Now with that in mind, all the things we took for granted as not available anymore for our corrado is probably sitting in a big pile at the back of some wear house in Germany all because of VWUK.

Hmmm, can see a nice little earner here. :D

Who’s up for a job-lot "parts cruze" to Germany then? :lol:

look guys, I'm in Ireland and don't deal with anyone in Germany apart from VW directly through my local VW dealer.

search http://www.goldenpages.ie for a VW garage and give them a ring with the part number. My local Garage here in Sligo is small, and they don't have the ability to deal with overseas customers. (I already asked them if they minded if I posted their phone number here)

Ring any of the VW garages you can find on there and see what they have to say about getting that part.

As I said it will show up as a true part if anyone here has used the VW ordering system and all u need do then is place an order with VW.

cheers

Daveb

The parts inventory ultimately leads back to Germany, so any dealer worldwide can access it.

Dealers can also do a cross dealer check (if they can be arsed) but usually you'll find some muppet has put the wrong part in the correctly numbered bag and shoved it on the shelf as stock.

Good News for all!!!

Pierse Motors VW(Tipperary)

00353 62 33222 - Reception Number

00353 62 33218 - Parts direct line

Also check http://www.volkswagen.ie/index.html?dea ... lerGo.html

for further info

Mate of mine Dara, from the Vage club works in the Parts Department there. I just rang him and he has confirmed to me that the part shows up on his system with a retail price of 140 euros!

He will take your call no problem he says!

Hope ye all believe me now :(

It can be got.............follow the light!!!!

ha ha ha

daveb

Wahey- You are the man, 8)

Order placed- nice guy as well,

I told him he may well get a few more calls about this over the next few weeks- I assume everything else needed to get these working is available from the UK then?

Cheers

Mike

Half installed my gauges last night. Out in the snow with me arse up in the air and the under belly of the dash taken off!!! the family thought I was mad but I was dying to see what they look like. Anyways,

I do not have the Pin connector jack plug behind my console. eek!

Ran around old MKIII golfs and found same 4 pin connector in the roof liner for the lights switches! nice one sorted!

4 pins,

oil pressure,

12V ignition live,

12V dash lights on,

earth.

found earth and dash lights on spare spade connector behind console. hooked up and lights up lovely with green backlight and is adjusted by dimmer switch!

12V igintion live is used for volt meter and have just to plug into one.

oil pressure feed, according to Bentley is T1F, spare connector behind relay/fuse box. Found 4 and have yet to determine which one is my oil pressure signal.

But all look goods and of course my batteries were dead last night in my camera so will get some pics tonite!

Happy Days!

Did you have to take the front of the centre console off to get at the wiring or just the ashtray and lighter?

Ok, heres the story so far...

All is connected up except the oil pressure sender. You need to remove only the ash tray to get at the wires needed. I don't have the 10 bar pressure sender or T piece so I'll get to get one and then run a wire from my gauge through the bulk head. Have to wait another day or two, damn I've no patience.

Have any of you other guys got the 10 bar sender and T piece? Any help with exact part numbers would be great. VW do not have the oem ones anymore.

cheers

dave

Hi Dave,

The part numbers that I originally had down when I tried to order the gauges about a year ago are as follows:

536 919 527 :: Gauge Pod

535 919 561b :: Oil Pressure Sender

035 103 715 :: Extension

030 103 717 :: T Piece

N013 808 5 :: Sealing Washer

N013 969 4 :: Screw x 2

902 767 01 :: Nut x 2

I hope that this helps,

Euan.

Got all working now. Got my 10 bar pressure sender yesterday, didn't need to use the T piece either or any sealing washers. The sender has both the gauge contact and low pressure warning contact and the bolt was tappered so self seals.

Had no problem runnning a wire around the engine bay and in through a grommet just above the pedals. Easy peasy!

Now my engine runs at 6 bar first thing in the morning and after a 10min drive shes stable at 2 bar and when I give her the shoe we go up to about 3 1/2 bar.

All I need do now is keep my eyes on the road and not on the lovely needles moving around..... :roll:

Interesting thread :) i got my set christmas last year, love um. I did order three more sets for other people but have seemingly been on order since. I dint think these were avalible anymore. Easy too wire in though.

Davebirl - i take it the oil pressure gauge isent wired up on your picture? never seem my gauge go that high.

Ok, so you have the gauges.

All you need is the 10 bar pressure sender from Street style and Power,

Part no. V360023 @ £36.50

See Page http://www.streetstyleandpower.com/publ ... adPage/206

Many thanks to MoonlightVR for the info above.

This sender has both contacts required as you'll be replacing the oil pressure sender on the right as you look down on top of the oil filter housing.

I thought the sender was quite expensive but it is original VDO kit and not a cheapy copy. I could have got a draft42design sender for 30 euros, about half price but opted for the real deal instead.

@ Crazymarcel, Yes in that photoI hadn't yet got my pressure sender :lol:

Its wired up now and a healthy 2 to 3bar rating

I have just spoken to a contact in Germany who in turn has been on to his local VAG parts dept. The price for the panel and gauges is currently 112.52 Euros, including VAT, and apparently it is available still.

Best wishes

RB

That's the price for the part number quoted above. I did specify to my intermediary that the car is RHD, and assume that this info was passed on.

Best wishes

RB

Best not to assume, since everyone else has stated that RHD panels are no longer available.

Hi guys,

I need a little help with my gauge pod. I fitted the new (VW) 10 bar oil pressure sender on Friday, and as I hadn't run the wire yet, I connected the existing wire to the 10 bar sender and surprisingly enough since then the oil pressure warning light has been flashing.

I just wanted to check that the other sender on top of the oil filter housing (the left one) is the same as the one that I've removed, so I can T off of it for the light on the dash?

Is this what everyone else has done?

Cheers

Chris

The 10 bar pressure sender from Street style and Power, is a twin sender. It gives a pressure reading and a low pressure warning. Is the one you got a twin sender? You shouldn't have to mess around with T pieces etc. Check the details below. If you got a red warning light now its because its not getting a proper reading now.

Part no. V360023 @ £36.50

See Page http://www.streetstyleandpower.com/publ ... adPage/206

Hi Dave,

The pressure sender I got is a VW part, with just 1 terminal on it. I do have another one, a dual pole VDO sender that I bought from Merlin Motorsport a while ago. Only trouble is, I don't know which termnal is which.

Cheers

Chris

... The VDO sender I have looks very nuch like the one in your link Dave. I might use that one instead. Are both terminals the same? I seem to remember that one is a 5 bar and the other is a 10 bar? How do you tell them apart?

Thanks

Chris