Sign in to follow this  
Oakley

What was it?

Last night, on the way to the garage to play with my engine, I was going around a roundabout with what I thought to be a real heap of crap in front of me. As we got to the onramp, I put my foot down and so did this what appeared to look like a 1970's Micra (if they existed in the 70's) with very old plates, before A reg I think. The issue was, that as I was pulling at 5500 revs in second, this thing was pulling away from me! What the hell could that have been because DAMN.......?

Needless to say I just pulled to the left lanes and stayed there with my tale in between my legs until he was out of sight. Would'nt want him to see that he blew a vr6 away.

:oops:

was it like a square micra?

there was some old pugs and citroens that had a little go.

i think there was a 104 with similar running gear to the ax gt in.

and there was one with a turbo.

neither of which should really bother a vr6 though.

or was it charade gtti? they are worryingly quick. and 3 cylinders.

:(

I wish I knew, It did kinda look like an Charade. I justr wanted to drive over him, thats all, is that to much to ask, I mean, why did I buy this VR6 is what I was thinking! then i ran into a 2.7 boxter and remembered why I love this C so much!

charades are shite mate.

sure he had the edge that day, but with a 950 working that hard, you know he is gonna be rebuilding the little rice muncher at the weekend, wishing he'd bought something german . . . .

Citroen Visa GTI now they were rapid

dude thats the old citroen i was thinking about. ugly little beast, around the same time as the 104's.

yes they were rapid, however i recall that the brakes were an area of "concern"

you know he is gonna be rebuilding the little rice muncher at the weekend, wishing he'd bought something german

That is so true and makes me feel a whole lot better.

Remember reading an article about why Daihatsu went down the three cylinder route - there engineers calculated that the most efficient capacity for a cylinder in terms of performance, economy and emissions was 331cc - be interesting to see how they arrived at that capacity and whether bore / stroke dimensions had any effect

Lotus Sunbeam? A VR6 would struggle against a well set up one of those... :|

Lotus Sunbeam? A VR6 would struggle against a well set up one of those... :|

sh+t yeh those things were fast.

as for the micras. they do still have a bit of a following.

each to their own i guess.

as for the micras. they do still have a bit of a following.

each to their own i guess.

Not the best looking of cars, but imagine the fun you could have in a very fast, old Micra picking on flash beemers, boy racers in Saxos etc. That would be a proper wolf in sheeps clothing. :twisted:

I have a slightly similar situation in my Seat, its an early one and appart from the wheels it has the same appearence as lesser basic models. I had some fun with a Scooby a few weeks ago, I bet he was shocked when he floored it to overtake a slower car and had a Seat glued to his rear bumper. :lol:

lancia y10 turbo maybe a mate used to have one and with a little tweeking it was insane it used to wipe the floor with his brothers saab 9000 turbo :shock:

you could sometimes see the turbo glowing red hot through the grill :lol:

LOL, by the way, is it worth supercharging my C? What else would I have to do in the way of changes, I am sure I can get it upto 500bhp. Seen it somewhere i think!

LOL, by the way, is it worth supercharging my C? !

yes

a mate of mine had vr6 c with a charger.

it was absolutely bananas. 3rd gear was insane. until the 3rd gear cog came off . . .

make sure all your sh1t is tight before you put a charger on it.

Sure it wasn't a nissan Sunny GTiR?

I used to have one and it was faster than my Vr6 by a long shot.. pretty crap drive though..

My bet would be the Lotus Sunbeam too. Awful looking little car but 155bhp, 0-60 in 6.6 secs. Apparently they can be tuned to produce over 200bhp without huge effort either.

Got to be the ultimate Q car, I bet he takes huge satisfaction of beating some decent machinery in something that looks so unlikely (if that was a Sunbeam)!

http://www.sunbeam.org.au/models/lotus.jpg

Get on Google images and type in the names of a few probable cars, see if the mug shots you get back jog your memory (I'm dying to know now)

Ps. My first car was a 3 cyl '82 charade 1.0 L

Even that basic model had seriously quick accelleration for what it was! :wink:

there's a guy around our way who has one of these and has re-sprayed it in the standard nasty brown colour that the normal sunbeams came in... talk about nasty shocks when people try to overtake him! :?

I'm just glad I'd dropped it to second to get past him... I got in front, but I couldn't loose him! :|

well I am not sure how to spell it but it was slightly longer than a smart car and had a dead flat back from top to bottom kinda like those (spelling here so I will try to pronounce "sayshento) dog ugly lil fecker")