Sign in to follow this  
duffer

Ecotek???

Does anyone have an Ecotek (CB-26P) fitted to their Corrado, or used Ecoteks Power Boost spray?

If so, did you notice any improvement?

Would you recomend them?

Forget it. Just done a seach on here (should have done that first) and they appear to be rubbish. Does the spray work though?

had one on my 205 (what came over me I do not know) they make a weird noise, at first I thought it was "quirky" but then began to think it was just crap. Not sure if it saved any fuel, if it did, it wasn't much. :wink:

The squeek factor on ecotek is awsome and mpg went up by 1mile per gallon... Liked the gold piperXcross filters... Cool

I think I saw a test somewhere which indicated that the aerosol spray stuff gave an improvement (measured instrumentally).

I'm always afraid some of these things loosen up crusty old gunge that can cause a blockage somewhere. This belief, though, is only from reading things. I have not really heard of anyone actually being able to pinpoint blame on the products.

I went completely mad a few years ago ----bought the Power boost and that ecotek.. I can remember trying to convince a friend of mine (car mechanic). That these two products were amazing. He looked, read the instructions and laughed. Didnt believe him at the time :oops: Do now

I think they're supposed to help the injectors to provide a finer, more uniform mist, and therefore the engine can run leaner without pinking.

The new direct-injection engines do something similar, very very finely controlled injector pattern allows them to burn in *part* of the cylinder without pinking, so it can run REALLY lean on overrun, and when coasting.

The valve has an adjustable screw down pressure plate, which when vacume in manifold reaches required level (coasting, or overun) the pressure plate is forced open introducing additional air :shock:

When open the valve introduces 'agitated' air which ecotek state burns better, whilst this is true to a degree, when considering the miniscule levels of air introduced it is actually bollocks - so yeh, it basically leans you out, makes a farting noise at traffic lights, intoduces a weakness in the brake servo system and cost £45 for the benefit -

Whhooooppppeeee :D

I'm always afraid some of these things loosen up crusty old gunge that can cause a blockage somewhere.

Crusty old grunge is a thing of the past now, thanks to modern engine oils and fuels.

I wouldn't really use pour in chemicals as they play on the fact you can't actually see what's going on inside there and any improvements (if any) will just be in your mind.

I know someone that used Redex continuously for about 5 years and his injectors siezed up!

Same here: Tried the Powerboost spray on my then 19-year old DX engine in my Mk2 Storm Rocco, can't say it made any difference other than that one of the clips holding the downpipe to the manifold fell off shortly after :mad: That was probably not down to having used the Powerboost stuff.

I then went on to try some injector cleaner on the poor Mk2 Storm Rocco DX-testbed (it was on special offer at my Oscotts car factor), again not noticing any real difference. Needless to say, I stopped using all of that stuff after one trial.

Tempest