Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Central Locking Sounds Sluggish

im pretty sure they do it automatically,well it does on mine,if i lock the car as normal then wait approx 30 seconds i can here the pump activate again taking the pin down a bit further

feels like ages when you are waiting for it, when i first heard it i tought it was unlocking its self lol

don't think i've ever actually locked or unlocked it with the key.

it must be something electrical because surely the pump can only blow or suck?

Maybe a late thing. But try locking the door with the key and the window open, you'll find you can't unlock using the door pin.

Cool, I'll give that a bash later!

I think you're right about the door pin thing as I'm sure the other day I accidentally locked the car with my remote whilst sitting inside and found that the pin didn't work.

lol now you say that i can remember my lady getting stuck in the car after the remote went off in my pocket as i walked into the house, i was wondering what was taking so long then the alarm started going off. she was having a right good flap trying to get the pin to come up PMSL :lol:

Interesting....... just done a little experiment.

Sat in the car and locked the doors with the remote. A relay pinged after 10 seconds and that was it, no second whirr at all, not even after 5 mins!

Tried the same with the key and ditto.

However, the pins do as you say, they activate the pump when you try and pull them up but that happens if you try pulling them up straight after being locked anyway.

Deactivating the immobiliser and switching on the ignition returns control to the door pins.

I think my Clifford has hijacked control of the C/L and is perhaps activating the DLs straight away? Dunno.....

There's a procedure in Bentley for working on the central locking system. The locks have to be installed in a pre-set state, otherwise the whole locking system goes out of sync. I don't know the details, but I know this procedure exists.

I heard one trick I heard of for the Corrado central locking system is to open all the doors and boot and then try locking and then unlocking the doors and this apparently helps them get back in sync with each other if they have gone out for whatever reason..

You haven't got an alarm have you Dom? Which quashes my theory :?

Strange. I do like discovering new features after owning the car nearly two years though :lol:

The locks would appear to be working normally though, but I might try Jim's trick.

My clifford is dodgy anyway and it's being replaced soon. Having spoken to a very experienced alarm fitter recently, he said the only alarms he's never had problems with are AutoWatch, so I might sample their top one.

Another thing that installed confidence in me with this chap is he has a crate full of ALL clips used by all manufacturers and every joint is soldered and heat shrunk and he checks the voltages on the load inductance, ECU and fuel pump relays when the alarm is off to make sure there are no voltage leaks from the alarm ECU which could cause running problems. Top man :lol:

You haven't got an alarm have you Dom? Which quashes my theory :?

I don't have an alarm now, but it used to have one... :?

sound like he knows what he's doing.

the best way to hear the click is to croutch by the door and listen by the lock mech from out side the car.

Hmm, gotta go out in the dark and have a play, too.

Mine does relock after approx. 30 s whenever I'm in the Rado and started the engine, but that is a feature of my alarm, syas so in the manual of my CAT1 alarm.

Tempest