Sign in to follow this  
trendy tramp

lent the GF my Corrado......

you may think a bad move....

but after 2 days she now wants to sell the Punto and buy a C 8) :D

she's looking to buy after xmas now - that could throw me a lifeline to do work on my cars now :twisted:

tt

Lent my girlfreind the car a few months back when her focus wasin for an MOT

Was sort of hoping for a similar reaction to the one you had, but all i got was........

The gear shift's too stiff, the clutch is too low, the seats are too hard, the doors are too long and the visibility's awful !!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The annoying thing is, she's probably right!

:roll:

No, she's not. It takes a lot to appreciate the intricacies of a Rado :lol:

Tempest

Shrewd and honest lady. I agree with her, except about the gear change. Maybe yours is not set right, Louie, or is it not as good as the VR6's?

I had rear parking sensors fitted to my C as the rearward visibility is the worst of any car I have owned since Manta nearly 30 years ago. I have had less-exciting ordinary saloons/hatchbacks since then, but at least good driver visibility is designed into them as a priority.

The C does have its good points, though!

The C gearchange takes some getting used to: it's so long throw compared to most others out there it's really tricky at first.

Rearward visibility on the C, well, isn't. I've had people mouthing off at me cos I've been reversing across car parks and just plain didn't see them a number of times, it's truly AWFUL.

Problem is with the rear view, depending on how you have your seat, your eye is level with the spoiler or even lower (!) so the whole rear of the car can be a total mystery with regards to whats actually there. I found my old mans Mercedes 200TE Estate easier to park in that respect because your seating position is so high you are almost looking over and down the boot which is totally dead flat!

No, she's not. It takes a lot to appreciate the intricacies of a Rado :lol:

Tempest

You're preaching to the choir now Tempest...

I laughed her annoyances off, and told her the exact same thing. (Then wound her up by slipping in the fact my car will soon be worth more than hers) :lol:

She's a hypocrite though, 'cos she absolutley loves it when people gawp at the car

LOL, my wife wanted a VR and I told her there was no way in hell will she degrade a C by driving the same one as me. I told her that C's are for the boys and that the girls should be standing on the sidewalk looking and not touching. :wink:

Needless to say she was not impressed!

Shouldn't imagine any of the female C owners on here would be too impressed with that either! And there are quite a few of em!

LOL.....I know but the difference with the female C owners and my wife is that they know how to drive. No offense intended towards the female C drivers - just dont want my wife driving the same car as myself. I think it would scare me her having a nicely tweeked C and having her brag about a new conversion she has done. I would feel kinda small I think....! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've let my Mum and my Ex woman drive my car and they've both said it was p1ss easy to drive and they loved the effortless grunt compared to their cars (Polo MK6 and Ford Ka).

I have no problem in letting other people drive my car because it's just that at the end of the day, a car. There is nothing unique or unusual about the Corrado that needs special skill or knowledge.

I dont let my wife drive my Storm! The reason. She thinks that wheels are parking guages and when they scrape along the kerb then your close enough!. Thats why my wheels are perfect and her wheel covers on her Clio are scraped to death :lol: And she not gonna be driving my Rado

I dont let my wife drive my Storm! The reason. She thinks that wheels are parking guages and when they scrape along the kerb then your close enough!.

LOL :D ...............my missus has been on the insurance since i bought mine.........and she's driven it all of 3 times............that was in 2001 too...........anyway she thinks its too low and too fast..................god knows what she'd think if she drove it now.......all Schrick'd up and lowered :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I told her that C's are for the boys and that the girls should be standing on the sidewalk looking and not touching.

The girls can get plenty of by revenge by saying you can look but not touch!

Well, after just crashing my G60 with my Girlfriend in the car, I was rather shocked that one of her first reactions was to be upset about J-DUB! :) She keeps telling me that I've got to get her back on the road again 'cos she's lovely and 'cos she looked after us in the crash... 8) :D :D

She doesn't want to drive her though as she doesn't like going fast and is a little wary of the sheer accelleration that J-DUB's got! :lol: ;)

She's also just bought me a scale di-cast model of a Corrado and managed to get it in the correct colour with the correct badge on the grill too! 8) 8)

Well, after just crashing my G60 with my Girlfriend in the car, I was rather shocked that one of her first reactions was to be upset about J-DUB! :) She keeps telling me that I've got to get her back on the road again 'cos she's lovely and 'cos she looked after us in the crash... 8) :D :D

She doesn't want to drive her though as she doesn't like going fast and is a little wary of the sheer accelleration that J-DUB's got! :lol: ;)

She's also just bought me a scale di-cast model of a Corrado and managed to get it in the correct colour with the correct badge on the grill too! 8) 8)

how come there has been no seperate crashed j-dub posts what happened??

what make is the die cast model?

how come there has been no seperate crashed j-dub posts what happened??

what make is the die cast model?

He's tryin to hide it...;)

just wrote the thread HERE

I was going to wait for the photos, but I've put the thread up now...

I let my ex drive my car when i was too wankered to drive it, she dint have no license at all, but thought that was better then my pissed state. We dint make it though, going through a small tunnel, ya too close, too late. Half a mile later we had a flat.

Funnily enough new GF today asked if she could have a drive, I'll probley let her cause shes so damm good lookin, and she does things for me :wink: