Sign in to follow this  
Stormin Dave

Intermittent wipers

Has anyone mastered (I'm sure you have) the variable speed intermittent wipers on your Corrado.

I have had varying levels of success in adjusting this and I think it's something to do with switching to normal wipe from the intermittent mode and back again. This then seems to give me different pause times. :?

Am I barking up the right tree...? or just barking..! :oops:

read yer owners manual...............all will be revealed :wink: ............but if you don't have one then you're not a million miles away...........

anyway i'll move this to common corrado questions :wink:

And if you can't be bothered...

1. Turn intermittant wipers on

2. Wait for a wipe and turn off again

3. Indicate left

4. Turn headlights on and off 3 times

5. Close your left eye for 1.87 seconds

6. Hold down both the rear heated screen button and the rear foglight button for 3 seconds

7. Indicate right

8. Turn wipers back to intermittant.

Wiping time will now be the same time period it took for you to do steps 3-7.

In short...

Flick from off to intermittent wipe for a second, and then back off again. Now wait for as long as you want the delay between wipes to be, and then flick back to intermittent wipe.

Hey presto - intermittent wipe with the time you specified! Easy!

Now if someone could explain the mysteries of the REAR wiper.. that thing DOES have a mind of its own!! :)

Now if someone could explain the mysteries of the REAR wiper.. that thing DOES have a mind of its own!! :)

It's just a toggle - push it once to turn it on and again to turn it off...

That sounds silly Jim, you're not getting me with that one. I'll stik with the Dinkus method thank you very much..

:)

lol.........dinkus is meaning the rear wash wiper :wink: ..........jim speaks the truth about the intermittent wipers :wink:

That sounds silly Jim, you're not getting me with that one. I'll stik with the Dinkus method thank you very much..

:)

Just don't ask about changing the brightness of the dash lights... :lol:

But.. the rear wiper does have some odd behavioural problems, seriously!! :)

You switch it on by pressing the stalk in and it then wipes every 15 or so seconds. Ok. But if you try and turn it off again, you press the stalk, it does a wipe as you press the stalk and then resumes its every 15 seconds or so wipe.

The only way I can seem to get it to switch off is pressing it in twice when its in the middle of a wipe.. otherwise it just keeps on doing the 15 second wipe pattern.

And this has been the case with both of my Corrado's now so I don't think I am imagining this.

But.. the rear wiper does have some odd behavioural problems, seriously!! :)

You switch it on by pressing the stalk in and it then wipes every 15 or so seconds. Ok. But if you try and turn it off again, you press the stalk, it does a wipe as you press the stalk and then resumes its every 15 seconds or so wipe.

The only way I can seem to get it to switch off is pressing it in twice when its in the middle of a wipe.. otherwise it just keeps on doing the 15 second wipe pattern.

And this has been the case with both of my Corrado's now so I don't think I am imagining this.

all i can say is..........you are not alone :D the rear wiper is indeed possesed by some evil force :D :D :D

(And your headlight switch will be in 8 pieces in your hand..)

And if you can't be bothered...

1. Turn intermittant wipers on

2. Wait for a wipe and turn off again

3. Indicate left

5. Close your left eye for 1.87 seconds

6. Hold down both the rear heated screen button and the rear foglight button for 3 seconds

7. Indicate right

8. Turn wipers back to intermittant.

oh yeah very clever just copying it from the manual :wink: and its 1.88 seconds with the left eye

On mine you press the stalk once to turn rear wiper on (it wipes when you do this) and then press it again (it will wipe again) to turn off... maybe I was lucky with the rear wipe on mine - shame about the rest of her :wink:

On mine you press the stalk once to turn rear wiper on (it wipes when you do this) and then press it again (it will wipe again) to turn off... maybe I was lucky with the rear wipe on mine - shame about the rest of her :wink:

Aye, that's how mine works... and if you just push it once then it stays on a (fixed) time period wipe until you press it again, then it turns off.

coolrado, some of the early Corrados didn't get it, but it's just a case of swapping the relay over for a variable one if yours hasn't got it... 8)

It was also fitted to quite a few of the late top end MKII Golfs too... both of my MKII GTIs and my Driver had it... 8)