Sign in to follow this  
automan3

Armor Door Plates

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a pair of Armor Door Plates for my Corrado.

Some scum tried to blag my VR6 whilst I was on holiday - they didn't even manage to get in, but damaged the door skin. So its either claim the insurance or try to cover up the mess and stop them trying again.

A web search has revealed a manufacturer in the States (LJ Hill International), but no website; they have a freephone no 1-800-ADP LOCK, but you can't call the US toll free no's from the UK - No one appears to sell them in the UK.

Help....please!

C&R can't get 'em either - I've been looking too :(

I might have a go at these.

Anyone interested?

Me too, bud :)

Here's a little taster of what I've been up to. It extends 25mm each side of the handle but I think it needs to extend a little to the front of the handle to gain strength maybe about 10mm. It may look simple and straight forward but much work has gone into the area surrounding the lock mechanism that you cannot see in the photo.

As for finish I think powder coat Matt or Satin Black would be best.

I'd appreciate peeps comments good or constructive.

Cheers

Dave

Me? I'd make 'em in two colour options: Primed/bare metal so they can be colour coded by the purchaser and satin black powder coat so that they match the original handles pretty closely... 8)

Looking good so far though! 8)

Yes please for me too - as I still have the hole in my door :(

Thoughts on this please.

The plastic spacer that sits between the door and handle is removed and replaced with the plate. Thickness is 1.5mm. There is a small chamfer running round the outside edge to finish it off (not shown). It can be fitted without removing the handle. Comments on size would be good.

If I could make a suggestion. The only issue I have with these is that looking at this shot straight on

It looks a little odd how the recess in the panel doesn't match up with the plate in fact they are basically mirrored.

Would it not look more OE if they matched up as such.