Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

really really want an audi s3

don't want to spoil the party too much here.............but............please bear in mind there is meant to be a S3 replacement not too far away on the horizon.........more so than the current range topper........(they interest me that much i can't remember what it is)...........so they will drop like a stone in value even more when thats on the scene :wink: ...........they are beautiful looking cars and IMO are a lot more refined and easier to hustle than the poor C VR6 :wink: but they ain't too far removed lookswise from a cooking old shape A3 and of course they are a lot more "common" than the C (all versions)........i would rather have a relatively rare C VR6 at the end of the day even if its slower and not as well equipped/refined as the S3.............just my 2 pennies spent :wink:

hmm cheers roddy...didnt think about the new one... maybe i'll hold off until that comes out then i may get a bargin? any idea when its actually released?

s3 is pretty rare for a modern car...i havent seen many the last few days.

I don't think values of the older S3 will reduce much when the new one is launched.

People that buy S3s *know* they are no ordinary A3 and the MK2 S3 didn't obliterate MK1 S3 values when launched. It's just one of those cars that holds it's value regardless...

The new S3 is 3.2 V6 DSG isn't it?

hmm cheers roddy...didnt think about the new one... maybe i'll hold off until that comes out then i may get a bargin? any idea when its actually released?

s3 is pretty rare for a modern car...i havent seen many the last few days.

well maybe its just they are common as muck up here...........i see more S3's than i do Corrados.........tho most dealers/traders up here all want top dollar for them :roll:

Not many S3s down here..... Contrary to my previous comment, I don't think Suffolk bumpkins know what an S3 is. People around here just like Audis because they're Audis..... they know nothing of the company's 4WD heritage and they think Quattro is a fizzy drink from the 80s....

I don't think values of the older S3 will reduce much when the new one is launched.

People that buy S3s *know* they are no ordinary A3 and the MK2 S3 didn't obliterate MK1 S3 values when launched. It's just one of those cars that holds it's value regardless...

The new S3 is 3.2 V6 DSG isn't it?

believe me they will have a big effect.............the facelifted S3 of 2001> wasn't really that much different looks-wise from the pre 2001 models so didn't really wipe shed-loads of value off them whereas the replacement new style S3 (not the current range topping 3.2 DSG one btw) will IMO cane the values of the older mk1/2 S3's

Don't like 'em. I've never driven an S3, but I don't like 'em. Good luck to ya Jedi, they're fast and strong and extremely well built (residuals look good, too), but honestly they're pretty much a matter transport device. They're boring to look at, and by all accounts boring to drive. Unlike the rattley clattery VR6 that looks great (but not "pretty"), is rare, and makes you want to keep driving it..

It *is* soul destroying listening to all the rattles and clatters, and the constant pratting about with things that are broken or about to break, but the S3 would not be my choice of replacement.

My 2p.. :)

yeah the current top of the range is the 3.2 v6 (same as r32) with dsg gear box..its as fast as the old s3..but not actually badged as an s3...there are rumours that the 2005 hot version will skip the s3 badge and go straight to the RS3 badge??? not sure if its true though.

guess i should wait till the new one comes out then :( although xmas is a good time to buy cars as they are always a bit cheaper then and if i see the right one i doubt i will hold back :lol:

It *is* soul destroying listening to all the rattles and clatters, and the constant pratting about with things that are broken or about to break,

Sort em out then :wink:

And if you say you can't be bothered, then you can't really complain about it :wink:

im not really complaining about them...just getting a new car :lol:

its not just that...i just fancie a new car anyway and now i see the insurance is actually quite a bit cheaper..... :roll:

That was directed at Matt :lol:

Heh, as usual.

Well yeah, I could sort them out, but then something else would break, you know how it is.. :)

Best to live with the current fault, on the basis that it's minor, and nothing *else* will break till I fix this one!! ;)

yeah the current top of the range is the 3.2 v6 (same as r32) with dsg gear box..its as fast as the old s3..but not actually badged as an s3...there are rumours that the 2005 hot version will skip the s3 badge and go straight to the RS3 badge??? not sure if its true though.

This was a rumour for a while but 'apparently' someone at Audi has stated that the RS name will be for A4 and A6 models only. The S name will be for all models and should include an S3 late next year with between 280 and 300 bhp. I've been keeping my ear to the ground hoping an S3 sportback gets built.

If you do sell your 'rado I'll give you a packet of crisps for your Shrick

pack of crisps with £900 hidden inside?? :wink:

It's a lucky dip.. it might contain £900, but it might just be a little blue packet with a voucher for another bag of crisps.

God dammit - all this talk of S3s has got me tempted now..... but I just know I'd get bored of it after a week :x

Ok ok, well if you decide to get an S3 I'll give you a packet of crisps and half a Mars bar for your C. One careful owner :lol:

wasnt there also a rumour in late 2005 there would be a 3.2 turbo'd A3 Also that would have some stupid BHP figure as std???

wasnt there also a rumour in late 2005 there would be a 3.2 turbo'd A3 Also that would have some stupid BHP figure as std???

Yes.

Audi first plans to unleash a S3 with a FSI tuned version of the current 3.2 engine pushing out 280 BHp.

Then the smallest RS Audi to be created will be unveiled.

Following tradition it will be a bi-turbo'ed version of the S3 and push out some 350 BHp !

Oh dear looks like Ive come in late on this one! :mad: :roll:

Probably just as well though as I would have RSI from either answering all the Q's or defending my corner :roll:

..................And just for the record I have plenty of imagination thanks, afterall I do have my own design consultancy! :p

...........also silver is easier to keep clean! :mrgreen: