Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

new car suggestions!

ok, looking for some ideas for a mate of mine who's currently got a MGTF and fancys a change. Being a lass shes quite keen on buying something new, or only a couple of years old because she doesnt want it breaking down, likes warrentys etc etc. Her budget is 10-12k and shes already ruled out a civic type-r, audi a3, pug 206cc and a bmw mini. her main critieria are 'style, individuality, reliability and speed'. I'm stumpped now becuase to be quite honest i cant think of a new car in that price range that i find remotly interesting!

and yes, i suggested a C, mk1-5 golfs and even a camper van, but no.

ideas anyone?

Toyota T-Sport

either a yaris (new)

or a carina with leather

u not meaning the corrolla .......carina was replace a few years back by the Avensis

SLK would probably appeal, not sure on the smart roadster but i'll suggest it! knowing her she'd want the brabus edition or nothing!

yaris/collola while 'nice' cars i know just wouldnt float her boat dispite the fact they're quick

I'll wave me arm in the air for a Leon Cupra R as well.

The old SLKs aren't bad either and the original ones are going for a resonable price now. Has the fancy girly roof too, which may or may not be an attraction.

But then a similar vintage Boxster isn't that much more... ;)

Could always go for a TT, that's a girls car isn't it? :lol: *climbs into bunker and puts on blast goggles*

Cupra R isn't a bad suggestion... bloomin lovely motors :)

Easily get a nearly new Skoda Octavia vRS for that kinda money. Just wonder if she can get over the badge snobbery :)

The issue is:

'style, individuality, reliability and speed'

for £10 - 12k? :lol:

The Corrado is about as close as it gets :wink:

No car these days less than 3yrs old is going to be classed as 'individual'

8)

Cupra R is a cracking motor though - considering one myself (Seat Leon)...

Audi S3 ? (its not a A3 ;) )

Toyota Celica 190 Sport? (hardly individual - but the 190 version is pretty rare)

Some that might not be considered but could be worth a look......

VW Beetle...Astra Coupe(sorry :oops: but a good 2nd hand buy and quite rare)......Peugeot 406 coupe...........Lexus IS200.........Volvo C70

Bit out of age range but how about a Racing Puma - £12k would get a minter - fantastic looks and handling - very rare - only about 450 left now, practical and FRP exclusive parts aside running costs are good.

I know its a Ford but its a good one

cupra r! nice idea, i'll pass that one on! 200sx is a bit long in the tooth for what she wants, and a skoda....shes way to image concious for that! she suggested an is200 herself but i said, you're 22, its an old mans car! no way! 406 coupe maybe, shes mentioned them before and finally a lupo/polo gti....i'd have one as a second motor, but i think its a bit dinky for her!

cheers chaps, all this is helping massivly!

She suggested an is200 herself but i said, you're 22, its an old mans car! no way!

Heh heh, my neighbour the estate agent has a lovely gold IS200.... and drives in a tweed flat cap :lol:

And remember Alan Partridge wants a Lexus :?

Ooh and I do rather like the 406 Coupés. Mmm Pininfarina...

Toyota T-Sport

either a yaris (new)

or a carina with leather

u not meaning the corrolla .......carina was replace a few years back by the Avensis

Maybe.....

51 plate,drove it newish ( 3 month old )

It was a definate coupe with a 6 speed gear and I think red lined about 7-8k rpm

but by fuck it moved

All I can remember was he had to pay another 2k for leather seats in the rear !

yikes....

Toyota T-Sport

either a yaris (new)

or a carina with leather

Maybe.....

51 plate,drove it newish ( 3 month old )

It was a definate coupe with a 6 speed gear and I think red lined about 7-8k rpm

but by **** it moved

All I can remember was he had to pay another 2k for leather seats in the rear !

yikes....

CELICA then mate :wink:

Celica 190 r poo...... caned one the other day made it look stoopid up tp abt 110mph than ran outta road they are really slow.........would def adv to test one 1st properly

what abt a

300zx

RX-7

RX-8

or you could poss even get a EVO Lancer if u can find a good one,,,,like corrado's the ppl who have got the real minters dont rally wanna let them go

2p's worth

while both the 300zx and the rx7 are great cars and personally i'd have both if i could, again they're a little long in the tooth for my mate, shes after something brand new to about 3 years old. rx-8's a little over the 12k upper limit too! :D I'll suggest and Evo, but i think like most women she'll turn her nose up at the looks, its a deffinate blokes car!

ohh soz didnt realy it was for a woman soz didnt read all of thread,,,,right

bmw 3 series maybe a cab

FTO

S2000????? no idea what their worth

ABT 5 DAEWOO MATIZ :mrgreen:

POLO

FIAT COUPE

PUG 306 CAB or GTI-6

AUDI A3

SAAB 93 CAB if she likes that sort of thing