Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

coilovers

any opinions on the supersport coilovers available from venom?

is the venom service any good?

how low can you go on 17's?

I beleive they are quite good.

As for lowering,mines down 80mm and i would say its near impossible to go lower as my tyres scrub with rolled arches and car failed mot for being to low.i cant get my little finger between my tyres and car :oops:

flusted, how you coping with driving the car hard and potholes and the like? do the wheels not hit the archliners? or have you ripped them out?

Archliners are long gone and i cannot take rear passenger at all.

I live on the Isle of Wight and theres millions of pot holes but beleive it or not the tyres dont rub at the front on the wings,only on the inner aches on full lock.

At the rear,the tyres are actually rubbing on the bodywork itself,not the arch or the lip (as thats missing)

So unless your as crazy as me or your totally insane,you wont get it lower than that.

Quite a few corrado have suspersports on here but this is my experience with them.

I had supersport coilovers from richard at venom when they were £400 a set. My car had standard 15" BBS and bounced all over the place, i would go over a bump and the suspension would rebound three or four times before it settled down. I phoned richard thinking a had a friday afternoon set and he sent me a another complete set which were installed and the tracking was laser aligned. This did not help!!!! The problem i think was that the supersport coilovers were designed for the mk2 golf weight and could not handle the extra weight of the C. Anyway phoned up richard after about a month of getting headaches from just short journeys ( mind you the roads in bournemouth are cr*p) and he agreeded to allow me to pay the extra for a set of FK Koni Coilovers which have height and dampering adjustment.

Well Happy now my car is only lowered about 40mm but the ride is great even on my 17" BBS

Shall not rush out and buy some of these then, i was thinking of Koni/H & R combo but someone said that the H & R Coilovers are even better, does anyone know if these are available for the G60 and what they're like ?

I'm also looking for new suspension - Ice White Socks has Bilstein shocks and springs and really rates them - the best bit about these is the ride height is perfect IMO - does anyone else have experience of Bilsteins and how they compare to Koni / H&R set-up which I was going to get? I don't want the ride to be mega hard.

is there a camber adjustment on the corrado? if so, how will the coilovers affect the line camber angle?

Yes, the camber will need checking and maybe adjustment anytime the front shocks are disconnected from the hubs. Coliovers are no different to any other strut really.

Gavin

Im using h&r coilovers and considering how low the car is,it rides quite nice.

I think garages use a 18mm bolt instead of 19mm to get camber adjustment on the struts

I beleive that when lowering the sus on a c you need to buy some extra bolts from VAg which allow for more adjustment in the camber. These bolts do not have a thread all of the way to the bolt head which allow for better adjustment as everything is at slighly different angles because of the lowering.

If the Koenigsports are anything to go by, these should be excellent.

Coilovers are traditionally very firm compared to normal struts, but I was impressed with the FKs.....