Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

am i doing the right thing selling my vr6

I mean i know u have to sell sometime dont you

but my car is running great on 93k now. should i keep it now i have it all as i want? or will i risk not being able to sell it in the future when it ticks over the 100k mark?

really want the audi though but i know also that 14k is alot for a car and i know if i buy one now they are bound to drop in price early next year.

advice

Dont sell it!! Ask scott, he's regretted it ever since.

Mind you, head rebuild is mega money £££££. But someone who's buying the car of you will have to take that into consideration and therefore you'll get less for it!!

Dont sell it!!!

Timo.

P.s. Have I said "Dont sell it!!" ? :mrgreen:

Sell it. It's clearly not your thing.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.. There's a nice 2.0 8v (for sensible running costs :) ) up for sale locally...

Can I have your ABS pump?

Is it really worth paying an £8-9k premium over the VR (£5-6k) to get an S3? I.e. is it a 65% better car? Plus your VR is awesome! What is the S3 forum like anyway? The VR is a future classic, could you say the same about an S3? Why not just get the squeeks and rattles sorted out and spent part of the money you were going to spend on the S3 on a supercharger...

At least wait a year, until my insurance comes down a bit so I can afford a C with a Schrick and I will buy yours! :)

Ford, just go through adrian flux...the schrick added no extra to my insurance! £1100 before schrick...£1100 after schrick and exhaust and suspension etc..

but there is no way i would supercharge the corrado... not worth putting more money into the car IMO. its only 2wd remember.. s3 is 4wd so can handle bigger power...i.e the 260 bhp i have planned :lol: how it is now is fine.

dr_mat, its not that it isnt my thing...i like the car alot... but like the idea of an S3 even more

I'd say sell it aswell. As great as the C is - or was when it was new - it's now a 10 year old jallopy and only the dedicated are willing to perservere with them. The S3 is highly tunable aswell, so anything you don't like about it can be soon sorted.

I'm happy with mine and don't think I'll ever sell it. Keep it as second car maybe, but after all I've put into it, no other fecker is getting all that dedication, money and my time for 4 grand, that's for sure!

I would guage some ideas on what they're like to maintain and run before committing yourself though. Audi parts are not cheap and it's going to have 4WD related maintainence too. Providing coilpacks and MAFs behave themselves on the VR, all they need is pretty much oil and petrol..... Audis are pretty reliable though (apart from the exploding coilpacks common to all the 1.8T lumps), so you should be OK.

You've had a good insurance quote, so what ya waiting for ? You're paying £14k for newer technology, newer interior - i.e squeak and rattle free 8) and of course Audi build quality.

K

I think you should sell it. You clearly want a change, I was in the same position a few months ago, car up for sale, people interested. I decided to keep it and spent more on coilovers and arb's, was happy for a while and am now thinking I want to sell again.

Go and buy it! There is no decision to make by the sounds of it, it has already been made! 8)

Anybody else on this forum gone from VR to S3 ownership and regretted it?

I'm happy with mine and don't think I'll ever sell it. Keep it as second car maybe, but after all I've put into it, no other fecker is getting all that dedication, money and my time for 4 grand, that's for sure!

Here, here!!!

Timo.

Oh yeah, 4x4 diff fluids replacement at 60k (I think) on the VAG quattro system. Expensive service that one..

I must admit an S3 would not tempt me away from a Corrado, I know you get extra power and 4wd etc etc, but there is just something about the corrado. I wanted a corrado since about 1990 and made the plunge this year, 14 years after I decided I wanted one, I doubt an S3 could have the same effect, however the original quattro was pretty special. I doubt there is as much passion for the S3, but if its just power, reliabilty, newness, airbags etc that you want then fair enough.

So it would have to be an rediculous car for me next time round, probably something stupid (money burner) like a TVR.... at least they dont have airbags :D, but I could be passionate about a TVR.. until they fall apart that is... hhhmmmm V8....

Exactly, the S3 is just an A3 with big wheels.

The Corrado is totally unique.

But Nathan - bless him - is tempted by the dark side, so he'd better change his username to DarthVader83 now :wink:

LOL....but you're average Joe will look at it and think it's just a blinged A3. But the Corrado doesn't look like anything else and nothing will ever looking like it again :lol:

It's not all about looks though..... I bet a boosted and suspensioned S3 is a lot more rewarding to drive than a 10 year old Corrado, especially in the wet 8)

But Nathan - bless him - is tempted by the dark side, so he'd better change his username to DarthVader83 now :wink:

Haha :D That made me laugh.

Is Audi really the dark side though? They're part of the same group...

I don't think you'll get that "rewarding drive" thing from a modern car. The steering is so direct and full of feel on the Corrado because the bushing and vibration damping is non-existant. There's a lot of feel through your arse, cos well, the suspension is a bit rubbish. Modern cars designed to handle rough roads (which let's face it the Corrado is AWFUL at) have too much damping, too much give, too much anti-vibration, so you don't feel what's going on any more.

Nope. Maybe if you replaced ALL the suspension bushes aswell with hockey pucks, you might be getting somewhere... :)

"My 9 year stretch in Wormwagen scrubs - by Dr Mat - Prisoner no 345" :lol:

Corrado ownership is supposed to be enjoyable, not a prison sentence!

I think you're being a little unfair there Mat. The C's suspension is far from rubbish, you just haven't driven one that drives as it should yet :wink: