Sign in to follow this  
K-rado

sad times indeed. Storm may??? have to go!!!

Comrades, a moment of indecision and need your help.

My employment life has changed somewhat for the better and but need to purchase a more practical set of wheels more in keeping with my new role and will be clocking up the mileage. I will break my heart to part with my C and even more so to pile on unnecessary miles but I cannot afford to keep the C and buy another Merc/Beemer ect ect at this moment in time.

What should I do.??????????

Spend Approx £1g on the Storm to make it mint? (50.5Kmiles and purring) or leave as is!

Sell on ebay or give u lot first refusal. Ether way give me a clue

Sell on Auto trader or to overseas buyer/collector

Pls help me out on this one. :( :( :( :(

Many thanks,

Kieran.

Keep the Storm, and buy something practical AND cheap rather than a Merc or something? An ex-rep Passat TDI isn't going to break the bank now is it?

Comrades, a moment of indecision and need your help.

My employment life has changed somewhat for the better and but need to purchase a more practical set of wheels more in keeping with my new role and will be clocking up the mileage. I will break my heart to part with my C and even more so to pile on unnecessary miles but I cannot afford to keep the C and buy another Merc/Beemer ect ect at this moment in time.

What should I do.??????????

Spend Approx £1g on the Storm to make it mint? (50.5Kmiles and purring) or leave as is!

Sell on ebay or give u lot first refusal. Ether way give me a clue

Sell on Auto trader or to overseas buyer/collector

Pls help me out on this one. :( :( :( :(

Many thanks,

Kieran.

Nice 1 mate, a promotion?

what better executive car to be driving around in then a Storm Corrado,

keep it mate :wink:

Tks JimsG60. Not as simple as that. Passat would'nt go down too well and to find a decent one that has not gone to the moon or back is neigh on impossiable. I can get my hands on a decent enough exec car with some 15-30k on the clock for circa 7.5-9K grand. Needs something that will start.stop and go all day every day for the next gear or so and to go round cornor's would be a bonus. OMEGA 2.2 (52 plate) 15.5K on the clock £7.5G ??????

Cheers Blue, Hadn't thought of that. But I will be covering some 40k miles/ann and the C does'nt deserve that. I would like her to LIVE FOREVER. Long Live C.

Cheers Blue,.

Blue?

40k miles a year???!!!

you a salesman or summit? :?:

Blue?

40k miles a year???!!!

you a salesman or summit? :?:

Yes Blue. Where I come from you could say SHAM. Others say Mate. (soundes a little laytex) some say geezer but Blue on the otherhand is an expression of affection/courtesy (non Sexual) to thoese who you dont yet know but respect on a mutual interst. Salesman? NO TKS. I am a construction project manager. milage is the nature of the beast. somewhat nomadic.

Whats wrong with a Pissrat??? Rather have one of them than a toss Beemer or a Merc, and Omegas are evem more unreliable than mercs.....

Why not try an Audi A4 TDI, bit more kudos than a passat???

Whats wrong with a Pissrat??? Rather have one of them than a toss Beemer or a Merc, and Omegas are evem more unreliable than mercs.....

Why not try an Audi A4 TDI, bit more kudos than a passat???

Tks Blue. Nothing wrong with a Pissrat just to find a half decent one with circa/below 30 k on the clock will cost more than I have currently in my pocket. agree BMW sucks but it was only an indication. Have had 2 E class's, never a problim but yes agree not my first choice. Omega seems to offer good value for money. Know a few people who has one and they are very pleased with them. would'nt mind racking up the milage in the old Vxhall. Anyway that is not the question in hand. WTK.

Do not sell--you WILL regret it! :cry:[/quote

I Know I will regret it. Has taken me 9 mts to find one in this good a condition. I have piled on 3 Kmiles odd and have enjoyed every single one. (especially whipping a C4 Porker at 140+) but needs must. in less than 18mts time I will have a Storm with 110K on the clock. and wont feel good! :cry: ]

Keep it - if you want it to live long then only you can try and keep that promise. New owner could wrap it - it's a Corrado and it's a Storm and let's face it - you'd miss it! 8)

What's the problem with just keeping it and using it as a daily driver?

So what if it's a 110K Storm after a few years? Mine has done 35K in 2 years (now on 106K) and it doesn't look any different to when I got it, but feels a lot better to drive because of what I invested into it during that time.

I don't know why everyone with a Storm feels compelled to locking it away and letting it rot for the sake of future values. FFS drive it and enjoy it.... that's what it was designed for and you're only on this planet once....and not for very long.

agree with kevhaywire, cars are to drive , they are very rarely an investment , they rape your wallet and then put a smile on your face ,rape your wallet and then put a smile on your face ,rape your wallet and then put a smile on your face - ah ...the circle of life :(

if having a storm means not driving it and cringing as every extra mile clocks up - then i would'nt want one :cry:

According to the 1995 Storm brochure, it cost a whopping £22,485 - that's gotta be £35K in today's money??

So I'd be looking to get £22,485's worth out of that car :wink: