Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

M3 V EVO.............................

exactly the reason being over confident isnt a good thing. Personally i always play it safe if someone else is in the car and say things like 'not sure on this one, could be close' or 'got no chance here!' that way if i get stuffed i dont look like a twonk, and if i win its even more of a victory becuase i set myself up as the underdog!

obviously if its a corsa none of the above applies and I openly laugh at them even trying :twisted:

I seem to remember the Stig doing a very quick lap in the CSL, the handling looked phenomenol, I suspect that carbon roof is really helping to keep the centre of gravity really low. I will try and see if I can tell next time I watch TG, what the difference was between the two. Of course they are entirely different cars, which is why I am always intrigued as to how they compare....

I got stuffed by a white F-reg Nova along the A47 a while back in the Corrado. It was quite amusing really - damn that thing shifted despite looking like a rotten piece of crap. I was 110% positive I was gonna whip it too....*sigh*

I got stuffed by a white F-reg Nova along the A47 a while back in the Corrado. It was quite amusing really - damn that thing shifted despite looking like a rotten piece of crap. I was 110% positive I was gonna whip it too....*sigh*

I would go around admiting that to every one mate :oops: :lol:

there are a couple of real sleepers round here. 1.2 nova merits on plastic wheeltrims and rusty arches packing a tuned 2.0 16v redtop. damn they can move.

i raced a scrapper 205 on night - pure sh!tbox but he had dropped an Mi16 into her and stripped it. the 106 still duffed him tho ;)

My mate got wasted in his Cupra R by a minky old Astra GSi last year..... but it turned out this particular GSi had a Calibra Turbo engine under the bonnet tuned to 280 brake and was quite famous around these parts. Little did we know, LOL!

You can more or less guarantee boy racers will have tuned what ever it is they're driving (we do after all!), so tread carefully :wink:

You can more or less guarantee boy racers will have tuned what ever it is they're driving (we do after all!), so tread carefully :wink:

kev are you saying that all corrado owners should be put in the "boyracer" category :lol: :lol: ha ha LOL

scott

We I doubt any of us stick to the speed limits religiously and don't enjoy modding, so yeah, we are kind of boy racers.....but tasteful ones :wink:

Given that most people who can still call themselves "boys" don't have senior jobs in IT and therefore can't afford to run such expensive cars as these, I think it would be more appropriate to call us all "man racers". :)

Or perhaps just "suckers"? ;)

no shame in being beaten by an old boy race car, just cos they are quicker in a straight line and maybe even round twisties, doesn't mean it's a better car. My old MI16 would of seen off my VR6 no probs, but it's not the point, the bloody thing was so badly built that I don't really think it's cost effective to tune, and of course it attracted all the other boy racers who wanted some. :wink: