Sign in to follow this  
skid

Winter/wet tyres?

God thanks for all the replys guys.

Sure i can source something after all this advice. :D

These are not too shabby in the slush/snow.

Vred Sportrac's.

That's exactly what you need for snow.....wide open tread blocks that don't fill up with compacted snow and turn the tyre into a slick.

I need to replace a couple of tyres myself and have been phoning the local tyre places, in particular asking about the Bridgestone RE720 (in a 205/50 15 size) but keep getting told they've been replace by the RE040. Is that true? The Bridgestone website makes it look like they're just a different range rather than a replacement. Does anybody know if they're any good?

Anybody tried the Toyo T1-R's? (I've read the somewhat conflicting opinion about the T1-S's).

Also, does everybody else find they always have to order tyres in advance to get what they want, or are they usually available off the shelf?

I eventually found someone who can supply the RE720, but I have to wait until Monday to get them. I don't like having to order because I usually need the tyres there and then but fortunately I now have a spare set of wheels - 2 of which have useable tyres on.

£72 per tyre all in didn't seem especially cheap, but don't feel I'm being ripped off either.

I£72 per tyre all in didn't seem especially cheap, but don't feel I'm being ripped off either.

That's not a bad price from a fitter....I think they're about £55-£60 each online....