Sign in to follow this  
Funkster

Hello, I'm new here!

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and also new to Corrados - got my '95 VR6 on Saturday!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/oliver.stephenson/corrado.jpg

Absolutely loving it so far but have a few cooling system problems. I'm currently trawling the old threads which is throwing up plenty of stuff for me to investigate - what a great resource!

Just wanted to say hello & that.

Cheers,

--

Olly

Hello good evening and welcome!

She looks a nice one! Always had a soft spot for the black C's. I've forgotten how much of a tractor the original looks like!

Thanks for the welcome!

My car's actually blue, but it's hard to tell from that photo. Not sure what the colour's called, but I get the feeling that it's going to look stunning in good sunlight - such a shame that I have to wait a few months before we'll get any of that :o)

Yarr,

--

Olly

Thanks for the welcome!

My car's actually blue, but it's hard to tell from that photo. Not sure what the colour's called, but I get the feeling that it's going to look stunning in good sunlight - such a shame that I have to wait a few months before we'll get any of that :o)

Yarr,

--

Olly

moonlight blue is the colour :wink:

Hello chap. I'm a relatively new user of the forum and I've found it very friendly and helpful. So much so I even gave the webmaster a cheque for a tenner last week! ;)

Yeah its a wonderful colour - same as the one my mate used to have. You didn't happen to buy that car from a garage in Coventry did you?

Welcome to the Corrado World mate! :D :lol:

Moonlight blue is one of my favourite colours...

The other one is blackberry ( i really love it )! 8)

Have fun around here! :-P

'ello and welcome to The Forum... Looks like a nice unmolested 'rado you've got yourself there... 8)

I daren't click on "Upskirt" and "Wetpatch" :lol:

Wuss! They're harmless... 8)

Funkster, what's your user name on B3ta then? I've been on that site for over 2 years now and I recognised your FHM hats thing! 8)

'lo again! Seems like my reputation preceeds me... I'm Funkster on b3ta too, but I don't post to the board much. We were dead chuffed to get featured in the newsletter :o)

The MG ZT-T is the 765 horsepower RWD bonneville land speed record car - I was out there in 2003 and saw it go over the line at 225 mph - quite impressive! Also the guys from So Cal speed shop (who prepared the car) are a very nice bunch. Another impressive vehicle was this truck:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/oliver.stephenson/bt1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/oliver.stephenson/bt2.jpg

V16, 71 cubic inches per cylinder, four huge turbos, two 8-71 roots blowers, and a shed load of nitrous... 278 mph! It's the size of my house!

And finally... yes it came from near Coventry. Was your friend's name Simon, and did he treat my car well? :oD

Thanks for the warm welcome,

--

Olly

No, my mates name was Sat and he didn't treat it amazingly well - though looking at the condition of yours, I don't think it was his old motor - yours is too clean! Though if it comes with a Clifford Concept alarm with remote start, etc etc then it could well be his!

Well I don't know if you live in Coventry but hopefully will see you around at some point!

Jim, just as well it's not his then I guess :o) This one has been very well cared for - full service history, mostly VW, not a mark on the interior, a couple of tiny stone chips, and even the sunroof works! Galactic mileage, but it seems to carry it very well - just can't wait to get it back from the garage once they've fixed the thermostat/coolant leak.

I work in Coventry, so maybe our paths will cross. Do corrado owners wave/flash their lights at each other like us MG owners do?

Cheers,

--

Olly

I do whenever I see a Corrado in Coventry, but its such a rare occurance despite there being a fair few of em in the city. Whereabouts in the city do you work? I'm up at the Warwick University Science Park..

I work in Bilton industrial estate on Humber Road, so we probably won't pass each other unless it's on the A46. If you've seen a manky red LHD MGB roadster being thrashed along there, then you've already seen me!

Nice to know they're about the place though - and now I know it's okay to wave!

Yarr,

--

Olly

Well maybe i'll spot you one day whilst trekking across the city - I don't have another car so it'll only ever been my green Corrado i'll be in! :)