Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Supercharged VR's

No denying it - there's a few VRs out there without timing chain problems on high mileage, but it seems to be unusual. (Admitted people don't post up saying "hi my car has done 200k and *doesn't* need cam chains done", but you do hear from a lot of folks having to have it done at that time.) Vince@Stealth seems to say himself that they tend to need doing around the 100k+ sort of age.

I`m based in the UK!

The only thing i can think of with the 183k Vento is that it gets Very regular oil changes.

Its actually getting its next one on Friday night, ready for a track day on Saturday!

scary stuff!!! really need to start saving then. No more drinking for me. Wish I had thought that before last night. Christ my head was sore this morning!!! Got a cup of tea now so the crisis is over and all is well!

T.

I'd suggest buying a second-hand vortech kit from the US which costs $2000-2500 (£1000-250) which will be cheaper than the UK price even with the shipping and tax added on.

Bit risky though? Dont fancy sending someone that kind of money and praying I get something in return.

You not want to sell me yours? (joke!)

T.

I can't believe the long comprehensive post i spent ages typing has not been posted because the server had issues with the MySQL database so i'll vent my thoughts and experience when i like computers again :mad:

Chris

I can't believe the long comprehensive post i spent ages typing has not been posted because the server had issues with the MySQL database so i'll vent my thoughts and experience when i like computers again :mad:

Chris

I'd be interested in what you have to say on this subject.... So in your own time :D

Timo. I told u that I had mine up for a reasonable price, concidering the spec and the charge cooler that it comes with

Timo. I told u that I had mine up for a reasonable price, concidering the spec and the charge cooler that it comes with

Dont have that kind of money man!! Would love to be able to afford that but I cant :cry:

T.