Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Top Gear

Yep.. well reminded. Already made a mental note of it though as I didn't want to miss it :)

heard they are doing a worst handling feature. If only I knew I could of told them about my Fiat Uno 1.0 ie! it's right up there with the worst, along with the acceleration, if you can call it that (60 in 17.7!) if you want to get a firm grasp of "roll" and "understeer" just try it! Still love it tho (50mpg) as in 3 years it has never ever let me down and i've done all maintenance myself! :D

My 205 Trio (first car) should have been in there too.. so much body roll that, if attacking a corner, it seemed like you could lean out of the window and touch the road! I remeber the face of a guy in a Golf GTI that I jokingly tried to race once as we flew into a corner.. his took the corner well and my Trio shook around like a plate of jelly.. he was actually laughing as he drove away from me.

:D

id still love one those evos tho!! service intervals are a little bit short tho!!!

not really surprising with 400 horses from a 2litre

still tho jimsG60 to get 400BHP from a 2lt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, thinking about how mych a VR6 could push out if mitsa were given one! pushing 600BHP lol

Indeed.

I admire the engineering involved in that, I really do.. but its that kinda power zone that I start to think that a big NA engine is a better solution. Service intervals of 4,500 miles?! 4MPG on full chat!! And a price tag that big? I'd almost be considering a BMW M3 if I was in that kinda price range.. WAY more practical power, with comfort and refinement as well.

What they've proved is that it can beat a Lambo and cost 1/3 of the price, but expect Supercar maintenance.

Clarksons probably right though, the FQ320-340 are probably the better versions.

For 47K you want class, breeding and pedigree, the EVO is a little lacking in all departements when compared to other options. :|

Wow... talk about turbo lag on the Mitsi!!

probably why it has a gearbox :p

id still love one those evos tho!! service intervals are a little bit short tho!!!
Seem quite reasonable to me considering a cossie should have an oil change every 3k or so (esp if its tuned)

still tho jimsG60 to get 400BHP from a 2lt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW,
with a little fettling 600bhp isnt too difficult from a 2lt cossie lump (9k rpm on standard bottom end) although I doubt you'd get a 3 year waranty with one. Vr6's are pretty lazy tbh considering you only get 190bhp from 3 litres.

lets be honest tho, its a rally car!!

47k for a thoroughbred rally slag is pretty good i would say!

i would have thought that the mpg wouldnt matter if your gonna buy a car like that IMO

we used to have people trying to blow the cossies up before the warranty expired

they tended to trash everything else...

usually the B+W gearbox went first then the turbo

( they used to chip them and wonder why they needed competition clutches in a RS500

yes but 600bhp from a cossie, it would need rebuilding every 2k! Plus you'd need another car to follow it to pick up the bits that dropped off it as it drove along :)

Least jap power is fairly reliable!

steve

I can't see a market for that Evo to be honest.. especially when you can have turbo charged power and that spectacular handling from the Smart car! ;) :D :)

I thought it was going to topple over to be honest...

OMG- it was only 1 sec slower than the Zonda round the track! bloody fast indeed. Of course I'd never buy one because a 911TT is a similar price seond hand, oh and I can't afford it! :lol:

What a load of Horse sh1t the Evo feature was...... Takes 1.7 miles to start gaining on a POS rental car? What a load of steaming manure. The stalling was down to his bad driving and the servicing is no more frequent than an Evo 5/6 used to be.

He clearly didn't like it and did all he could to humiliate it.....and there is absolutely no way that Lambo was anywhere near it's max capability. Just one big staged show.....

I think it's Jeremy Clarkson that has kept the show alive in recent years....... well, he *is* the reason because his ex-colleagues defected to Fifth Gear and I never watch that cause it's cr@p and Sticky Butler-Henderson and Stiff-Needle p1ss me off with their hammed-up acting.

Clarkson is great when he attacks the crowd, especially that Chav standing next to the TV during the news section, LOL!!

And of course his humour is excellent - "The Prius is so slow it can't be used as a milk float because at the end of the round you'd be delivering cheese" FBLOL :lol: