Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

bmw alloys on a corrado

i have noticed that you can get bmw bbs alloys a lot cheaper than vw bbs alloys. dont know why?? i know you can adaptors for porsche & merc wheels. but what about bmw wheels?? any help is appreciated :D

Not onto a Corrado VR6 they won't... VR's are 5 stud :(

I think someone has said before that because of the way the offsets work, etc, its not really possible to get adaptors to put newer BMW BBS wheels onto a Corrado.. frustrating as there are some VERY nice and not too expensive examples out there :(

in a local bmw breakers he has a set of bbs rcs 7.5 x 17 with an et of 53. with some 20mm adaptors. if you can get them? would they not fit? he only wants £150 for the set. :(

I never understood all this 5x100 ET35 malarky. It strikes me there's just not enough information to define the size and placing of the wheel bolts there..

I never understood all this 5x100 ET35 malarky. It strikes me there's just not enough information to define the size and placing of the wheel bolts there..

Thank god you don't work for BBS then :lol:

ok so the 5 x 100 means you have 5 bolts 100mm apart. but what exactley does the et mean? i have a rough idea but not the exact reason :?

ok so the 5 x 100 means you have 5 bolts 100mm apart. but what exactley does the et mean? i have a rough idea but not the exact reason :?

Ok, but is that each bolt is 100mm from the next, or are they all placed 100mm from the centre of the wheel?

And how BIG are the bolts? Diameter wise. That's not accounted for in these figures at all...

I'm pretty sure that if I worked for BBS I'd either learn very quickly or get fired... ;)

** Ok i checked out the links, very good.. I now understand PCD and ET. But those figures definitely do not define the diameter or thread pitch of the bolts. That's why it never made sense to me.. :)

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types.

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly.

See this site for further details / diagrams,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Five studs are measured by twice the distance from one stud to the centre of the hub hole.

thus giving you the pitch circle diameter of the studs. if you measure stud to stud on a five stud you will not get the pcd.

four stud is easier you can just measure stud to stud for the pcd as they are opposite each other.

by the way a 53 offset on a bm sounds a little odd. which model were they off??

if they are off a five or seven series it is more likely to be 23, if they are of a 3 series it is more likely to be 33. just worth taking a closer look.

hutchy.

have spoken to the guy with the alloys they have an et of53, thay were of a 328 2001 model, but he says they are not at all standard equipment. will go in person on thursday 2 see if he is number dyslexic, cheers guys :D