Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

After respray and rebuild, what do you think?

After taking all the windows and trim out and getting a full body respray i finally have got it back together and washed.

This is it with no polish or wax just washed and shamoise (sp?)

Hmmmmmm very nice and original, G60's on original BBS' look great. Noticed you've stripped the plastics from the sides and got some Lupo wipers, are those new headlights as well, looks really fresh. How much was the respray in the end?

You just need a BBS centre cap for one of the wheels and it'll be complete. Any other plans?

An alloy wheel cap is all thats missing! It looks fantastic after that respray though!! Wouldn't mind seeing some sunlight / washed & polished shots.. it'll be like a mirror!! :)

That is such a smart lookiing car mate. For me, with that gleaming paint job it'll hold it's own with any new motor on the road today. I bet you are well and truly chuffed with the result. 8)

Hi guys thanks for the comments, makes the effort and corrodo ownership really worth it.

The spay job cost me £1000 cash.

I must say i did strip the car and thats where i saved alot of money.

Thats not me in the pic, thats the guy who lent me the trailer official Lotus cars one :-P

I have left the plastic moulding off, i like it but i might be forced to put them on soon.

Lupo wipers are a must, if you haven't done it you must. I ahve replaced the front crossmember for one that wasn't rusty.

Just need one of the BBS centre caps (either somone stole it or it fell off) i think they are £21 from VW

I don;t think the headlight are new just gave them a wash lol

Still need a headlight loom

And finnaly it will be off to see darren (g-werks) in the new year for a full service and a bit of magic Chip and pulley 8)

Will give it the full polish etc later this week.

Will keep you updated with pic etc and maybe see you at a meet sometime soon.

Cheers and thanks again

Beavisjem

Looks amazing! How long did it take you to strip it down? And how did you get the side plastic mouldings off? I need to remove mine for some body work and I'd like to stick 'em back on afterwards, but I hear they bend and twist when you take them off... Any advice?

Just take it real slow with a heat gun, i started by pouring hot water on the side strips to warm up the glue and then used a heat gun to melt the glue as i pulled the side moulding off, i got them all off ok but be carful with the heat gun as you can warp the mouldings if you heat them up too much.

When i took mine off it did take a bit of paint off with them.

Took me about a week to take it apart and another week to put it back together (silly winter daylight hours)