Sign in to follow this  
H

headlight loom

Gavin Walsh. Send PM to H100VW asking about them, and he'll supply you with all you need to buy one from him... 8)

2 relays, 2 fuses, quality connectors, the correct grade cables which are the correct lengths and nicely heat-shrink wrapped and all nicely colour coded to make sense too... 8)

so is it one relay for main beam and one relay for dipped beam? or is it one relay for left and one for right dipped beam only?

Gavin Walsh. Send PM to H100VW asking about them, and he'll supply you with all you need to buy one from him... 8)

:roll:

standard bulbs will be fine once you've got the loom in.... 8)

Yup, standard bulbs will look a lot better, but with an uprated loom you can also put uprated bulbs in to make your headlights even brighter.

Osram SilverStars from http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk are highly recommended

Yep, I have gone down this road, H100VW loom + Osram silver stars as recommended by the guys above and the difference is amazing, proper white light and MUCH improved visability!! Also got me some new headlamps to fit this weekend which set me back several gold teeth, but should make the front end very clean and fresh!

Osram don't do a Silverstar for the H3s though for some reason, so a Phillips Vision+ will do instead :lol:

Do they make a big difference to the main beams then? I may have to aquire some...

Yeah they seem to. Both lamps now produce a nice white light instead of that yellowy tinge from standard bulbs (with loom). Still, no matter what bulbs you've got, not much light gets past filthy headlamp lenses..... just aswell you have washers!

Yeah they seem to. Both lamps now produce a nice white light instead of that yellowy tinge from standard bulbs (with loom). Still, no matter what bulbs you've got, not much light gets past filthy headlamp lenses..... just aswell you have washers!

My main beams are pretty white as it is, so I'll just wait til the bulbs go before splashing out another £20 for up-rated bulbs.

And yeah, the headlight washers make a big difference in crappy weather, you can actually see the lights getting brighter again when you wash them. Makes you rocket through screenwash tho.

We have headlight washers!? :oops:

I fitted H100VW's loom and it is very good, one comment I would make is that I didn't like using spade connectors to connect headlights, was worried they would fall out and the lights would go out at just the wrong time :roll: Anyway sorted it with two new original clip in connectors, some cutters, solder and some insulating tape, so they're clipped in now. You might want to make this modification to the uprated loom before fitting it if like me you are paranoid ;)

We have headlight washers!? :oops:

I fitted H100VW's loom and it is very good, one comment I would make is that I didn't like using spade connectors to connect headlights, was worried they would fall out and the lights would go out at just the wrong time :roll: Anyway sorted it with two new original clip in connectors, some cutters, solder and some insulating tape, so they're clipped in now. You might want to make this modification to the uprated loom before fitting it if like me you are paranoid ;)

You would need to be paranoid with this one!! :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 61187&rd=1

Gavin

solder and some insulating tape, so they're clipped in now. You might want to make this modification to the uprated loom before fitting it if like me you are paranoid

Can you be 100% certain the soldering has no dry joints?! :evil: :

solder and some insulating tape, so they're clipped in now. You might want to make this modification to the uprated loom before fitting it if like me you are paranoid

Can you be 100% certain the soldering has no dry joints?! :evil: :

And that you won't get the wire snapping at the end of the joint ;) :D