Sign in to follow this  
M777CUSGTI

EVO, Car of the Year....

Another 911 :lol:

Suprise Suprise :roll:

To be fair it probably deserved it.....

Astounded that the RS6 Plus came bottom of the pile :?: :?: :?:

911s are top cars. I've only sampled a 993 3.6 Varioram and that was incredibley good! The current ones must be awesome.

Surprising the RS6 didn't score so well..... they can do 205mph destricted :shock:

I think one of the things they rate their cars on seriously with Evo is driveablility... and quite frankly I think the RS6's main party piece is going like its just been fired out of a cannon and not much else - ie vague braking and poor steering response. Not to mention that its a big fat heavy estate car ;)

I'm not saying I dont like them.. they are one of my favourite cars EVER.. but I think overall the RS6 is not going to match up to more driver focused cars.

As Clarkson would say, the RS6 is the sort of car you can carry a wardrobe in at 150mph with ease.....but it can't match a 911 for point-to-point pace and driver enjoyment. Even the Porsche Cayenne Turbo can outpace an RS6 cross country - so say Evo - and that's a 2.5 tonne off roader! And believe it or not, the Cayenne is only marginally slower than an Evo 8 round a track :shock:

Yeah.. but then the Cayenne is disgracefully ugly. Its a shame to have such a wonderful engine ruined / wasted on such an awful car :(

I kind of like it in an ugly duckling kind of way. I think it's VW Toureg brother is better looking and better made (apparently) though. Nice to see that Porsche/VW collaboration is still alive and kicking - there are worse cars VW could be associated with!

If Audi stop desensitising thier car's feel, they would absolutely rock.

Yeah.. but then the Cayenne is disgracefully ugly. Its a shame to have such a wonderful engine ruined / wasted on such an awful car :(

i thought that til i actually saw one in the flesh............a turbo with 20inch alloys and blacked-out glass..........feckin awesome :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

vr6storm, yeah but u got rubbish taste :lol:

not as rubbish as yours m8..................na-na-na-na-na :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought that til i actually saw one in the flesh............a turbo with 20inch alloys and blacked-out glass..........feckin awesome :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Unfortunately i've seen a few in the flesh and my opinion hasn't changed on em. I've always had like a hate thing against SUV's anyway so it would have to be pretty spectacular to win me over.

I think I'd agre with jimsg60. SUVs are, in my mind, just pretentious especially as most are used by mums to drop off their kids at school - I know, we live across the road from one and I cant see the road for these bloody things. None are really used properly and whilst i can guess that a Cayenne with 20" alloys and smoked glass looks bad, i think most cars would look serious with that kind of mod - imagine a C with 20" rims! TBH, i think on the cosmetic front Porsche has derated the boxter with the Cayenne shring such similr front end looks - after all, cars are ALL about image.

Might have mentioned this is the past, my mates 1992K plate 964 C2 is my current - best car I've ever driven. I've also had a go in a 993 C4 and this was no where near, (poss the 4wd). I test drove a new Boxster 2.7 a couple of weeks ago and ordered it on the spot, it's gorgeous to drive, but I think ugly to look at. :-P

marginally slower than an Evo 8 round a track :shock:

yes the evo 260 bhp, which is marginally sane, by mitsi's standards!

I think the Cayenne turbo is a pretty amazing car, in the flesh they certainly look the doggies 8)

I'd have to disagree with you on that M777CUSGTI, I have to say that I think that they look a bit gash. Of course, this could be down to the stupid ignorant b*tch who needs her eyes testing that has nearly run me down TWICE on a pedestrian crossing when the lights have been against her.. Hmmm, caltrop time methinks...