CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

Interesting stuff Coxy. Would be good to see some beam pattern specs if possible.

I've just covered HID lamps (mainly Bi Xenons) in Material Science and they're fascinating bits of kit. I wonder how they stand up in a 20-year old lens design! All the modern HIDs for current model cars of all marques have bespoke lenses and housing units and can cost £800+ a pair I think. Make sure you don't melt yours, pretty sure OEM headlights are obsolete now.

Make sure you don't melt yours, pretty sure OEM headlights are obsolete now.

They run cooler than halogen bulbs, HID's are usually 35Watt unless he has a ultrabright 55W kit.

so when im i going to have a sport with you around durham coxy..... :tongue:

when i fit the supercharger to it, or, when its raining :p

Beam pattern will be as standard lights mate i would have thought, as the bulbs are direct replacements for teh originals.

Ah yes, the 16v (US Spec CIS-E) fuel pump flow rate varies depending on voltage at the pump:

9 Volts - 24 litres per hour

10 Volts - 45 litres per hour

11 Volts - 64 litres per hour

12 Volts - 81 litres per hour

Figures extrapolated from tables and graphs from Mk2 Golf/Jetta Bentley. Hope it's useful.

urgh, those figures dont seem that good considering those walbros do 255l/hr

i wonder what a 300bhp r32 would draw at 7200rpm

i wonder what a 300bhp r32 would draw at 7200rpm

it's maths-able for a geeklet (like me) :dorky: . Would need some info about the fuel injection system though, maybe the map too.

Ok, from what I understand:

300hp R32 on the stock management is pretty much pushing 100% duty cycle on the injectors, I think? If so, we need to know fuel pressure in the rail and injector nozzle aperture to work out how much each of the injectors are pushing through (100% duty cycle = injectors open all the time) and take into account the SG (specific gravity) figure of say 97RON petrol, we can get either a volume flow rate in cubic metres per second or a mass flow rate in kg per second. Either rate can be converted into litres per hour easily enough.

Any errors in that, let me know.

Just had a look at a Stage 1 vortech kit website, stage one only makes 320hp so only an offset of 20hp to find. It uses a 4 bar FPR, is this uprated then? if so, it might be used in conjunction with the "Proprietary GIAC tuned fuel and engine management" to squeeze a little more pressure out of the fuel pump and subsequently into the cylinders.

Maybe.

Hi,

Had a look into the required flow rate, I get it as follows

based on 300bhp at flywheel and 80% duty cycle and a injector pressure at a normal 43.5 psi.

393.8cc/min per injector so 24 litres/hr

so 6 injectors running would be 144 litres/hr

hope this helps

ian

You could do to know the flow rate of the standard injectors, as they may need upgrading to cope with the power. But as an approximation the figures above would not be far off.

With that flow rate if you pushed the injectors to 100% duty cycle they would be capable of running 370bhp.

Just my 2p worth but it is always better to over spec if the money allows.

Ian

edit: if the injectors are running at 100% as boost monkey said to make 300bhp by uprating to a 4bar FPR then at 100% duty cycle you could get 340bhp.

Just bought a Sytec external fuel pump which piggy backs on the existing fuel pump setup to supply up to 500bhp.

thats that sorted!

wheels should be back from the refurbishers on monday, the toad ai606 alarm i am waiting for should be arriving today i hope, the porsche brakes are getting machined on monday so should be ready to go on soonish aswell.

Just got the rest of the bodywork to sort out, and refit the interior and i am in business!

no they are 7*17"s, with normal 205/40/17 rubber on them. shouldn't have any rubbing problems, especially as i am not dropping the car on its arse.

4motion wheels will be getting sold as soon as it comes back from the bodyshop. You interested like?