CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

Personaly I would paint it maybe leaving a bit of the weave coming through.

Looks like a great fit which is amazing for a carbon bonnet! :grin: 8)

The fit isnt bad. not perfect but not bad.

I am thinking about painting the sides, and leaving the hump in carbon. I know there's a fine line in making the car looks stupid, but i think it could work given the rest of the car is really dark.

The fit isnt bad. not perfect but not bad.

I am thinking about painting the sides, and leaving the hump in carbon. I know there's a fine line in making the car looks stupid, but i think it could work given the rest of the car is really dark.

Dont get me wrong I think it would work and look pretty good.

But I think bare carbon only looks really good on some Jap cars and full carbon Italian exotica!

Car is looking great btw 8)

no offense taken, I asked for opinions and appreciate the input ;)

I think i will see what it looks like, then if it looks naff I will carry on and paint the lot.

Personally Id paint it but only the top part. I can just imagine some chav walking about seeing the car with a carbon bonnet and doing something nasty to it. Wheels look good.

i got sick of the chavs saying "sick bonnet" when i had mine fitted, but then when you spend that amount on a carbon bonnet it seems a shame to paint it INHO.

at the end of the day its your car, and you do what you want :)

bonnet is a performance trim item (same as mine! :) )

i would paint it matey if it was me; saves on the chavvy image. they do look fantastic and it would go better with your drak paintwork than most, but i would still paint it...

car is looking great by the way - very moody with those wheels :D

I would leave it unpainted for a couple of months as once its painted there is no going back to bare carbon if you ever wanted to, or at least its not going to be easy to do.

cheers for the comments, the car is exactly how i wanted it to look, and I think I am going to paint the bonnet.

not yet mate. I havent actually done anything inside it since the last pics were taken.

Hopefully I should make some good progress on it over the weekend fingers crossed.

Hi i'm getting all my bits together now and will be ordering my mk3 vr syncro rear arms tomorrow after reading through many threads on here and vortex, i noticed on bens 1.8t syncro thread (biggerbigben) he talked about using mk1 rear shocks.

What suspension setup did you use? - Guesing my current normal vr spec weitec coilovers are destinned for the for sale thread!

Hi i'm getting all my bits together now and will be ordering my mk3 vr syncro rear arms tomorrow after reading through many threads on here and vortex, i noticed on bens 1.8t syncro thread (biggerbigben) he talked about using mk1 rear shocks.

What suspension setup did you use? - Guesing my current normal vr spec weitec coilovers are destinned for the for sale thread!

hello sasquatch - I bought a set of FK silverline coilovers for a mk3 golf vr6 syncro. Now i am not really sure whether these differ from the golf rallye kit, if they do, then its only in spring rate. the normal 2wd rear struts are useless. either try and find some rallye rear coilovers, or get yourself a set of coilovers for a mk3 vr6 syncro.

hope this helps dude.

cheers man, i'l have a look for mk3 vr6 syncro coilovers then :D

Very useful thread this!, i managed to answer quite a few questions in my head from just reading all the pages. Itching to get mine done now!

cheers man, i'l have a look for mk3 vr6 syncro coilovers then :D

Very useful thread this!, i managed to answer quite a few questions in my head from just reading all the pages. Itching to get mine done now!

Always a pleasure to help bigfoot

Can you up some more pics to show how well the bonnet fits? I want to get one (and paint it incidentally) but only will if the fit is good.

Keep up the good work!

Can you up some more pics to show how well the bonnet fits? I want to get one (and paint it incidentally) but only will if the fit is good.

Keep up the good work!

the fit is perfect apart from the bottom driver side corner, where it appears to need about 2mm trimming from the front corner.

no pictures as of yet.

quick picture update,

I have been busy refitting everything back together. quite rewarding really - the car has never looked so good for years!

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

Wow - it's really, nearly there now. It's been a bloody long time in the making!