CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

Coxy dude, looking good ;)

How did you fit the Mk4 clocks? Was it hard mate? Id like to get the ones from my donor golf into my C.

Feel free to give me a ring about the climatronic Ian. I have installed it a few times now in various cars so I can run you through what you need to do to get it to work mate.

Jay

Feel free to give me a ring about the climatronic Ian. I have installed it a few times now in various cars so I can run you through what you need to do to get it to work mate.

Jay

i stripped out my dash last weekened and offered up the climatronic but it appears the airconditioning pipes need to exit behind the abs setup..... :?

Is that right Jay? Can you post a brief run-down of what need to be done and where the problem area's are?

hoi stop hogging my thread! mind you, its ok as no-one else seems remotely interested in my car!

anyways the aircon pipes on mine exit just above the abs unit, it wouldbe tight but it would go I think.

erm........not really, its just I dont get a massive amount of time on it. about 5 hours a week.

should be back on its wheels on sunday, then the back end gets hoisted in the air to do the syncro conversion.

you did the syncro on the yellow one didnt you? I suppose at least you've had a trial run at it and this time around you know what to expect :)

Well the MK4 ABS that I have sits in a completely different place, further forward and down on the chassis leg, so I had no problems as its as per a MK4 for me. When I installed the climatronic when it was a G60 I had no ABS so there was no problem. :)

Yes the pipes do have to exit there through the firewall there. There are diffferent designs, the Passat seal/pipe arrangement is different to the MK4 one... if that makes any difference...

Jay

yeah still doing the 4wd mate. only its going to be a bit more 'custom' on this one.

One thing I meant to ask you, I take it there is an drain pipe that comes off somewhere on these climatronic boxes?

I cant seem to find it, I have a little motor with some soft ruber tubing hanging off it but I am not sure what it is or where it goes. Any ideas?

The drain just pokes out the firewall with a little flap valve thing on it. no motor.

How big is the motor with tubing? That could be washer jet motor, headlight washer motor? Auxilary air valve?

Jay

Bugger I must have missed the drain tube then, balls.

its not a washer tube, and its certainly not that git big air blower! its actually wired up with the aircon wiring

Bugger I must have missed the drain tube then, balls.

its not a washer tube, and its certainly not that git big air blower! its actually wired up with the aircon wiring

You got a piccy of it?

Jay