Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

Woo Hoo got a NAKAMICHI!

Finally got my Nakamichi headunit gorgeous it is too! six cds in a regular size din how the hell does that work??lovely simple design good old ebay virtually new and nowhere half the rrp of £799 just thought id let ya know! just need the door pods now gonna go for a less bass orientated install this time get rid of the 2x 15" subs in the boot!

You know they used to have demi-god-like status in the hifi cassette world..? Don't think they ever did an in-car cassette player though..

Finally got my Nakamichi headunit gorgeous it is too! six cds in a regular size din how the hell does that work??lovely simple design good old ebay virtually new and nowhere half the rrp of £799 just thought id let ya know! just need the door pods now gonna go for a less bass orientated install this time get rid of the 2x 15" subs in the boot!

just be careful with the cds mate - dont rush it etc as they can jam up.

is it the MB-75 or a newer model?

You know they used to have demi-god-like status in the hifi cassette world..? Don't think they ever did an in-car cassette player though..

Yep, the Nakamichi Dragon. Was about £1500 in 1986 and the size of a fridge!

The Nak in car CD changers are V good indeed. No frills, just top quality sound :lol:

yeah the demi god thing thats why i went for it always wanted one ever since they started making in car styuff. its the mb 75 not sure if anything has changed but its a later model as it has rds as well whioch a lot dont seem to have. Yeah they make a cassete player too its not that bad in price really about £400 iirc but the sound quality out of the cd player is amazing i really like the simple look head units should be heard and not seen!

You could almost leave the nak faceplate in the car as it looks so bland and stock looking. No chav will know what Nakamichi is!

I have the same Head unit! took it out of my last car! its sounds top quality! it will be going in my Corrado soon! its just a right bugger to fit with the accesories that it comes up!

much better than any other head units that i have owned in the past!

yeah that damn amp palte gets right in the way any one know a good place to get a new remote for one of these my dog ate mine today! as the guy sent it seperately and the hound eats all (checks!) the post that comes threw the letterbox!!

Nakamichi make some awesome stuff.I still have one of there cr3 cassette decks.Cost me 600 pounds 10 years ago.Probably not worth much now.

No worries! glad i could help!!

i know how annoying it can be without the complete kit!!

Atif