Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Audioscape moulded sub enclosure - update 21/02

is it 2 profiles you have kev? or just the one?

In fact, what is your system out of interest?

I've got the Series III amps mate.

System comprises:-

Alpine 9835R

SEAS Lotus Reference components

SEAS Lotus 10" Sub

Genesis Series III 4 Channel

Genesis Series III Dual Mono

Audioscape pods

Audioscape ported sub box

That's a lot of money's worth and I'm nervous about it being in the car to be honest but I didn't pay RRP for the amps or the HU and I came to an 'arrangement' with Audioscape on the speakers! E.g. Testing them long term :wink:

Hi Kev, think im gonna have to join this GB cos ive seen the quality of the door pods (seeing as i actually have a pair) as long as u dont want the money to soon, cos im a bit light at the mo, ill have mine with a focal 11" got focal up front and im happy with them so why changed. I might b interested in the amp rack as well, ill see what funds i can get hold of.

Graham

Don't worry Graham, this one isn't going to be as fast moving as the pod GB. Audioscape are inundated at the moment and neither of us have had the time to draw up some cabinet designs yet. It will be worth the wait, I guarantee, so get saving people :D

Hi Kev,

I think im up for a sub box and focal sub, let me see... door pods and speakers - jan, miltek exhaust - feb, sub and box beginning of march okay?? can audioscape help me with an amp aswell?

kev you got any pics of the design of amp rack were talking about?

also just a quick q about your system do you also not run rear speakers? i take that if not then you must run your front components off 4 channels?

oh and if your thinking a list of interested parties and requirements ill be putting an 11" focal polyglass 27 V2 sub in my enlosure.

have we got a rough guestimate of when these will be gettin made?

my missus really needs them comps and my genesis series III 5ch amp should be here this week

its handy to know how long im keeping money aside for and even better, how much! :)

Cheers

Billinjah - Nope, no rear speakers. I prefer the soundstage to be at the front. The 4 channel amp currently feeds the components and the other two channels feed the sub. By Gti international I'll be using the 4 channel to run the components actively and a dual-mono will be running the sub. My car will be on the Audioscape stand this year at inters.

Dubster - Sorry not at the moment mate. Audioscape are snowed under at the moment and haven't got time right now. Hopefully within the next week or so they'll have finished a couple of major installs and then they can have my car for a few days and get one made up.

I'll keep you posted and that goes for the amp rack too Billinjah.

thats cool kev.

Got my amp yesterday and it isnt as big as i rmember them to be which is a plus.

whats the idea with the amp rack thats getting kicked about ?

Hopefully within the next week or so they'll have finished a couple of major installs and then they can have my car for a few days and get one made up

thats great cant wait to get my system in ive got a polyglass sub and a 4 channel genesis amp to run everything gonna sound so sweet! the amp rack idea are you looking at having one so you can see your amps? now ive spent all that cash on a genesis dont want to hide it away!

Not as yet mate, just got back to work today after a week of flu! I'll speak to James later today and get some kind of firm plan underway....

Hopefully they will have finished the heap of poo Fiesta that's been staining their premises since October. The guy that owns it has spent something like £5K on ICE and about £10K on 1.7 Puma engine install....nutter. He's got a motorised 21" LCD screen in the boot etc etc....

Once that heap is finished, it's sub box time!

Hello Kev

A question mate,

I have a Focal Poly-Kevlar 27K in my Golf at the moment in a Focal box which is ported, and from the looks if it the Sub in the picture on the first page of this post also looks like a 27K, (might be wrong) but if it is would that enclosure be ported to suite the sub?

If so I might just have one, and transfer all my audio form golf to Carrado, if I get the car running right…..

Thanks

D.

I'm not sure what the sub in the picture is to be honest. The moulded cabinet can be ported if required, but that would mean the box needs to be bigger.....depends on Focal's advice on box sizes etc etc.

cheers kev what a chavtastic car thats gonna be! i trake it i can just tell audioscape what sub im going to run and they can work everything out from there? its a focal so im sure they will be familiar with it. what about the amp rack are you thinking of hiding the amps? or having them on display?

OK, I called Audioscape today and my mate's 33K Storm is back in this week for some work (he's not on the forum). He's got the same setup as me (HU, Genesis and SEAS) and he's having a box made for the driver's side rear arch with 2 focal 6" subs in it. They knocked up a quick box to test it and it sounded excellent apparently, so that's something I might go for myself. I'll pop down later in the week with my camera and have a listen/take pics etc.

Something else they've done for him which I'm also getting done next week is having the rear of the door cards fibreglass and carbon fibre reinforced. This makes a MASSIVE difference apparently. The speakers can go up full blast with no rattles from the doors at all :D

Updates to follow....

Billinjah, not sure on the amps yet. I might be just sticking with the 4 channel and not use the Dual Mono. If this is the case the amp will stay where it is in the nearside rear arch and the sub box with two 6" subs in it will then go in the offside rear arch.

You know what they might work out for prices as im tempted by the next range up from Polyglas the K2Power's, 165 K2P to be exact and a matching 11" sub as i tihnk itll be more in keeping with the amp.

i can throw my polyglas to the GF to replace her Access speakers.

but would adioscape be able to cut a similar deal on this range or just the Polyglas ?

cool could you ask them about if a 11" focal polyglass 27 V2 will still be cool in this enclosure? for an amp rack id be happy with just something i could mount in the other whell arch that was covered in the same material as the sub enclosure with the holes in it to pass the wires through so it looked proffesional rather than nail it to a piece of mdf!

cool could you ask them about if a 11" focal polyglass 27 V2 will still be cool in this enclosure? for an amp rack id be happy with just something i could mount in the other whell arch that was covered in the same material as the sub enclosure with the holes in it to pass the wires through so it looked proffesional rather than nail it to a piece of mdf!

Audioscape have successfully made a cabinet for a Storm in the driver's side rear cavity with two 5" Focal subs in it. Pics to follow....

We've not had a chance to figure one out for the passenger side yet due to workloads on mine and their part. We'll get onto it ASAP.