Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Audioscape moulded sub enclosure - update 21/02

I`m still interested and after reading the last thread about the door pods.

Think I`m going to go for them as well,just order the lot up at the same time if that is ok. 8)

Kev,

How can you do this to us. U go and make me spend my spare cash on the pods + speakers and now this. I have very little self controll over money :D and oftern buy things on spur of the moment. when will you be looking to close this as the pods you put on a 2 week buy have i got time to save. If only you had left it for a month or so I would def be willing as it is I will have to see, :?

What are we doing with this GB kev? is the 150 going to be the GB price or just the normal price? after seeing the excellent quality of my doorpods im really keen to get a sub enclosure too pardon my impatience but i was completely knocked out by the doorpods excellent build quality!!

this sounds like a good idea... although it might not look right with my sub (its got kind of a big magnet), I'm interested, however shall have to see how much money I've got in a couple of weeks after I've got other bits on my car sorted!

Audioscape quality would not let you down and £150 is well worth it. I've tried to make one of these types of boxes using Fibereglass and MDF in my mates Mk3 Golf and by Christ is it difficult! Ended up throwing it in the skip....it was sh1t!

Well worth £150 IMO :thumbleft:

I'll be going up to Audioscape tonight to do some measurements for the sub box. I'll get some measurements and volumes hopefully which will give us a better idea!

I'll be leaving the Pod Group Buy open. We've put 20+ orders their way now so I reckon they'd be happy to oblige any later comers :wink:

Oh and it will be bolted to the inner wing from the back of the sub enclosure, so the speaker cone will have to come out before removing the box. It's the only way to ensure a solid fit and neatness.

Watch this space.....

Will you be getting a box measured up for both sides?? I have 2 x 12" Infinity Perfect 12's that need 1cubic ft of air each in a sealed box and although I have built a complete enclosure I like the idea of the boxes at the sides.

Also what are the implications of having subs facing each other? Are they going to end up affecting each other by firing sound directly at each other?

There is always the risk of standing waves when pointing two subs at each other but I'm not sure how drastic that will be until you try it, I'll have a word with Audioscape about that too.

im up for A moulded sub box, set up for a focal 11" sub and a et of components too for the 150 too. can i get allt his at the same go? ro whats the complete scoop with this one ?

Hi Kev,

I'd definitely be interested. I have a Diamond Audio MD-10.4, need to confiirm the volume.

How do they cater for all the different sub sizes and volumes?

Thanks

Amit

Dubster, yep you can get the Components bundled with the sub box for the GB price.

Amit, we can probably find out the required volume from that sub number. It's looking like we're going to do a standard 1 cu ft sealed enclosure as space is too limited for a vented cabinet. Most 10s and 12s work well in a sealed cu ft box, so shouldn't be a prob. We can fine tune each cabinet to each speaker as required though.

Larger subs require the box enroaching into the boot space more though.

I'm going to leave my car at Audioscape for a couple of days this week and let them get to work on it.

Cheers

K

Hi ! ... hope i'm not to late, i'm interested in a 11 inch sub enclosure for the right side of the boot space, is this possible and if so, how much does it eat into the boot? by the way never done a GB before do we approach audioscape when ordering??

much appreciated

If you want it on the offside arch recess, it will stick into the boot a bit more than the other side due to the lack of space. Once manufacturing gets under way it's just a case of calling Audioscape with your card details! Watch this space.

Are they making you an amp rack as well kev or could you ask about one for the offside as it would look much better uf they made it and it was trimmed in the same material i was just thinking of a blanking piece with the amp mounted on the back so it was hidden.

Are they making you an amp rack as well kev or could you ask about one for the offside as it would look much better uf they made it and it was trimmed in the same material i was just thinking of a blanking piece with the amp mounted on the back so it was hidden.

Yep I'm going for an amp rack on the offside arch. Not sure if I can hide them in there though as I've got 2 amps.

i would position the sub enclosure on the nearside, but i have some sort of metal contraption with a rubber strap which didn't hold anything when i bought the car but it fits a first aid kit perfectley, i presumed this is what it was orinally used for? also with the help of some right angled brackets i've managed to fit a 1kg chrome fire extinguisher to the metal contraption meaning i've avoided having to drill any additional holes which i hate. can anyone shed any light on this? cheers guys

i would position the sub enclosure on the nearside, but i have some sort of metal contraption with a rubber strap which didn't hold anything when i bought the car but it fits a first aid kit perfectley

Yep, your right altho most corrado's also have a location for it inside the rear armrest..

Yep I'm going for an amp rack on the offside arch. Not sure if I can hide them in there though as I've got 2 amps.

can you ask them to keep dimensions for this as ill be up for one of these im using one amp as i dont think im going for rear speakers any recommendations for a quality amp to run my front components and a sub prob a focal?

can you ask them to keep dimensions for this as ill be up for one of these im using one amp as i dont think im going for rear speakers any recommendations for a quality amp to run my front components and a sub prob a focal?

If you're into SQ, there's only one amp brand I personally recommend and that's Genesis :lol:

The Series III if you're feeling rich, or the Profile range if you want quality at an affordable price.

If you just want loud, then take your pick from 100s of cheaper brands!

Kev i was speaking to James today so can you mark me as paid for the Pods and Mat GB.

After speaking to him I have to say that I will definately be considering the Encloser Group Buy too. I was going to attempt one myself but then realised that for £150, whats the point doing it yourself when someone more experienced can do all the hard work and you know you will end up with a good quality finished Install. Look forward to seeing the pics.

One of my mates wants one too. Then he's just got to find himself a corrado to fit it too :D And he says this car's going to be std :roll:

Kev i was speaking to James today so can you mark me as paid for the Pods and Mat GB.

After speaking to him I have to say that I will definately be considering the Encloser Group Buy too. I was going to attempt one myself but then realised that for £150, whats the point doing it yourself when someone more experienced can do all the hard work and you know you will end up with a good quality finished Install. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Haven't started work on the enclosures yet :oops: Been having some wheel issues to attend to....i.e one of them going flat overnight! Anyway, I'll get onto that ASAP.

James mentioned today about the extortionate delivery costs to Ireland, did he discuss that with you?

Yeah he spoke to me about it and i was half expecting it, only I kept quiet until he mentioned it :lol:

He reckons about £20-£25 because the weight of the Mat.

No rush on the encloser, I want a decent encloser and James says he will take his time until he gets it right, so thats why I am Interested in the GB. Should be worth waiting for :)

do the genisis amps have a built in bass crossover or would i have to use a seperate cross over if so any suggestions hope these questions arent too far off topic as ill be ordering stuff from audioscape!