Sign in to follow this  
K-rado

Hmmm. What should I have A4tdi or new Golf GTI?

For my company car I can choose what I like. Anything from a celica to a bmw or a saab to a skoda. I was going to go for an Audi 115 tdi estate. Loads of MPG and room for anything I like. Taxation is one of the lowest you can find next to the 320d 6speed touring. Then I seen something up here re the new Mk5 Gti. Seen one in the stealers a few weeks back with leather and I remember thinking how far it has come over my last new Vw, a Mk3 VR6.

so what would you have. I am not sure how much it would cost me over the year tax wise but i am sure it must be fairly efficient?

Nice choice to have. It would have to be the golf for me (unless I was paying the fuel bill) I wonder are they going to make a TDI with all the GTI bits?

Gotta be the golf!

Although I'm sure the 'R' powered one will be awesome when it comes out. I've heard that they could even be using an R34 engine...

I guess if you can have a new Golf GTI it'd be worth going for. I still really want an Skoda Octavia vRS though!

To be honest any good Audi or VW is going to be a good motor - you are in a fortunate position :)

people seem to complain about the dead lack of feedback steering for the new audi's but i hav'nt heard a bad thing said about the new gti, if its as good as people say it is go for the golf

Out of those two mate id have to go for the Golf GTI, superb car.

Insted of the car do you get the chance to have the cash equivilant as well?

Thats whats was offerd to me this year, i took the cash!If you took the cash you can keep your lovely Storm running :wink:

Long as you get a VAG car... Skoda Octavia RS, Golf GTI, Audi A4... jus make sure its FUN

[quote name=

Insted of the car do you get the chance to have the cash equivilant as well?

quote]

I have worked out the cash and is not great. By the time you have insured your car, Serviced it 2 or 3 times a year, depreciation interest repayments, etc etc, You really are at a loss. In 3 years I would expect that my new car would have circa 80-90K on the clock and not worth a lot. Decided to go for the company car, the Storm is taking a little pounding at the moment. So tomorrow, I will see whats the deal with the New Golf. Wish me luck.

jeeez, Where did that week go? Turns out that the New golf Gti is not suitable for my job! and therefore not on the list.........Selected a BMW 320CD Conv instead. :D 2 reasons, I want to see what the hype is all abt and secondly toshow the world that at there is considerate bmw driver out there. :lol: tough life ah? :lol:

Dare to think that there will be another low-miler Storm to the market :wink:

.. lack of feedback steering for the new audi's but i hav'nt heard a bad thing said about the new gti ...

I've heard the same said of the Golfs too. They aren't as dead as the Audis, but they aren't in the same league as the Corrados though...

Dare to think that there will be another low-miler Storm to the market :wink:

You're having a laugh right?? After organising the MK meet and all that, you're now just gonna go leave us?!? :cry: :lol:

I'd get the Golf too. Apparently the MK5 GTI is a sensation and just what VW GTI fans have been waiting for for so long. It's got to be good if Clarkson can't fault it as he picks holes in cars most of us would cut our right arms off to own!

The only snag with that car is all the boy racers will be constantly glue to your tailgate.

Now I wonder if that independant rear suspension can be fitted to the Corrado? :D

The only snag with that car is all the boy racers will be constantly glue to your tailgate.

Prob the reason it is on the "Excluded List" Oh never mind........150bhp oil burner convert will just have to do :D We it is german after all :!: