Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

they wrote me off

whats the point ah, all that money on insurance, the smallest knock, and it's bye bye, i'm with highway, the brokers are green light, the suposed enthustast insurers. total damage, door wing wing mirror. oh a couple of wheels,

@@@@ note dont bother with compreshensive, waste of money.@@@@

i'm phoning them up tomoz, and i'm not holding back, not only did they have the car 4 weeks, did sod all, but one of my bbs hub covers is missing, :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shocking.. insurance in this country is a pain in the ass.

Good luck getting your car back on the road.. :(

Thats unbeleivable, it looks like the wing is the only part that needs replacing and their only £150 from VW - some womans insurance company are currently spending £1800 on mine after she ran into the back of me, replacement bumper is £397+vat plus damage to the rear panel etc being sorted out....

argh i'm wit highway! hope i never have to use them for that!

good luck getting her sorted.. dont wanna see another raddo on the tip

think as far as they r concerned its an old car when it comes down to it, least u had it at an agreed value mate ! Ye He !

What u doing then trying to buy back or move onto a later Dub?

Yeah was gonna say - it's a G60, so it's at least 13 years old now. Insurance company probably have a book value of £2k for it. Any repair that comes to £1k or more will cause the car to be written off...

So if you're looking at a door, a wing and two wheels you're easily talking £1k in dealer money. You might be able to find out what they've been quoted and take it elsewhere though. You've a right to do that.

It's my fourth reincarnation.

If you look past the first sentence in my previous posting, however, you will note that I suggested you get more quotes for the work, and you should be able to negotiate with the insurance company to NOT get it scrapped. See? A glimmer of positivity. :roll:

yeah get them to do a deal on it with you, you could get a second hand wing/door/ mirror and throw them on for not a lot of money.

they wheels are the only concern

Highway are behind nearly all of the "enthusiast" and cheap brokers.....Brentacre, Greenlight, HIC, Adrian Flux to name but a few.

And no prizes for guessing who underwrites all Highway's policies....yep, Lloyds.....just about the worst insurer ever. But Lloyds will insure anything as we know, hence so many brokers around offering cheap policies through them.

Anyway, my experience of Highway paying out etc is good. It's up to the broker to fight your corner and people like Greenlight, Flux and HIC don't. Which is why I'm with Brentacre because they do.

K

PROTEST! Send 'em a copy of the Dubforce/PVW article, and copies of all of your receipts... they'll up the offer you get from 'em by quite a bit (I got 3.5K for mine after the inital offer of £2083!) and then buy it back and sling a second hand wing and door on it and use it as a "this is a cheap bit of fun" car...

That's what I'm doing with J-DUB anyway! ;)

Bummer to hear it's been bent though mate... what happened?

Fight em! Highway are a lowdown bunch of robbing bar stewards, and I urge anyone who's insured with them to try and find another insurer. If you start writing polite yet firm letters on exactly why they are wrong (refer to pg 15 of their policy document, the section entitled 'Paying Your Claim') and prove that it's cheaper have the work carried out than them pay you out the value of the car. If you want a copy of any of the correspondence I sent to Highway, lett me know.

Best of luck,

Tom

It's worrying just how many folks on here are having nightmares with Highway, and more worrying just how many of us are insured with them (myself included....).

I'll be doing my best to find someone else next year...

well i spoke to em, and in the engineers report, cos i hit the kurb, they're worried i'd bent some thing, but i only glanced the kurb, slincing the alloy, any hoe, i protested it's not being written off. and mentioned i could fix the damaged panels., so they've said get a wheel alignment, fax over the results, and then well talk about money to fix it, i'm thinking 1000-1100, to get 2nd hand door with mirror, wing and 2 bbs rc's, aplus a paint job down one side. any ideas :?: , paint job should be a mates mates job anyway.

Well done, its good to see that once someone fights the decision they cave in!!!

Good stuff

Interestingly, It is possible to claim for the difference in the market value of your car pre and post accident. (on the basis that cars are generally worth less after an accident) It is a technicality and not the easiest of things to fight for, but I have a standard letter you could adapt if you want it?!?