just about to pull away from a garage yesterday where i'd dropped off some wheels, got a P-Diddy/Puff Daddy lookalike guy, gold rings on every finger, looking very smart, stops his car and stares at my C and actually tilts his sun glasses down to have a better look, stays there for a full minute, then nods at me, and drives off :lol:

Driving out of Webbs of Wychbold this afternoon (buying emergency flowers for tomorrow) and a young feller was driving in at the wheel of a Golf VR6. Heavy traffic at the roundabout meant we were both going slowly and I waited to see if he'd clock the Corrado. He did, looked for a proper stare and then he and I exchanged a knowledgeable nod!

Quality.

Went to pick up a DVD from Blockbuster on Friday night and a few cars back was some guy in a MK2 GTI Golf.. I ripped past some fellow in a Saxo and round some roundabouts I know well - saw the guy in the Golf thrashing it keeping up. We hit a small queue of traffic and I went to turn right.. he was in the left lane and as he got level with me, he actually slowed down, hung out of his window looking at me to give me thumbs up before driving off!

Went to pick up a DVD from Blockbuster on Friday night and a few cars back was some guy in a MK2 GTI Golf.. I ripped past some fellow in a Saxo and round some roundabouts I know well - saw the guy in the Golf thrashing it keeping up. We hit a small queue of traffic and I went to turn right.. he was in the left lane and as he got level with me, he actually slowed down, hung out of his window looking at me to give me thumbs up before driving off!

What have you done with the real Jim? :wink:

Had a sort of chuftie whilst getting petrol the other day.....The guy at the counter said nice car, like the colour....i bet it's nippy etc.

As i'd just put almost 50 litres in he then went on to say, whilst looking at the 16v badge on the front, "thats got a very big tank for a 1.6"!!!!

nocrap, I think you call that a 'Muftie'

:lol: Nah i think a MufTie is something completely different! :wink:

Had some "Mettler" bloke come up and start talking to me about the Rado at B/Stortford services yesterday when Jedi was checking my paint over for a polish.. Spotted him earlier driving a black Goof VR6 with black wheels..

Asked the same thing evey-one who knows a little bout Rados/VWs asks:

"is it a VR?"

As he was all dressed in black I assume his favorite colour's pink! :norty:

Coming out of Worcester's Halfrauds today, found a chap looking in at my driver's window and doing the rounds of the VR appreciatively. He asked me with a smile if it was mine and then commented with the fact that both his and mine could do with a bit of T.L.C.

His turned out to be a nice looking blue Golf VR, with the odd bit requiring tidying, much like mine. He uttered the immortal "I always wanted a Corrado" then we had a chat about the Storms (since mine is Classic Green and now wearing Solitudes) and about servicing and the big jobs.

Mentioned that mine's about to have it's head overhauled and namedropped both Vince and this forum as invaluable sources of help. He shook my hand and went back to his car to note the names of Stealth Racing and THE Corrado Forum.

Nice feller, hope he does come on here.

Taking a detour home on Sat night from a mate's house in Southend, I decided to go down the seafront to see what was about. I drove through a busy spot outside a burger bar and heard a "Oh wow! Look, a 'rado! COOL!" :D

Was parked up outside someones house yesterday to do a viewing - The owner came out and said "Now theres a car that shifts"

Popped into the Red Hart at Flyford Flavell tonight for a beer (great pub). On pulling in the old feller at the window seemed interested in the 'rado as I parked it by them. On leaving he seemed very interested again and the wife drew the curtain back to have a look.

But meantime a Clio with gold alloys and Dutch plates pulled in and parked next to the 'rado. We were outside enjoying a beer and were able to watch as the feller driving and his daughter both spent a good three minutes admiring the 'rado from all angles, peering in through the glass etc.

Majorly chuffed!

fitted a BMC CDA at the weekend and took a work colleague for a drive today. Even though I now have some serious idling (read 'stalling') issues, I got told it sounds more like a V8. lol, I wish but still pretty chuffed!

I do a lot of driving round lancashire for work and seem to get chufties on a daily basis, last week when leaving a site a bloke and a lady were both outside admiring the rado and wanted to have a good chat about it.

On monday night I took a couple of friends to the Burnley match and my mates mate who hadn't seen the car was really pleased we were going in the rado, said it was the cleanest car he'd ever been in and even knew about the spoiler.

Then today, when leaving a site in Leyland a bloke in front of me walked past the car having a good look, noticed me open it then turned back for a chat and said I should never sell it as it's going to be a future classic.

(Incidentally, if anyone was at the Burnley v West Brom match, we were the ones on the pitch at halftime attempting the shooting challenge, I was the one who skyed a shot ... much to the amusement of the 12,000 or so in the crowd :lol: ).

Colleague of mine, elderly chap, into his Mercs and B.M.W. motorcycles was coming back to his car in the staff car park last night as I was pulling out of my spot, after we'd gone through the tortuous process of moderating coursework.

I'd wound the window down and opened the sunroof and as I pulled out and wished him a cheery good night he was beaming away at the car and confided "I always quite wanted one of these. I remember when they were new. Lovely cars!".

I could only agree!

Travelling along the M3 this afternoon at a healty pace when a very nicely modded S3 came up along side in the fast lane, matched my speed exchanged a thumbs up and shot off...

As i was loving the drive with the new schrick that put the iceing on the cake!!!

Travelling along the M3 this afternoon at a healty pace when a very nicely modded S3 came up along side in the fast lane, matched my speed exchanged a thumbs up and shot off...

As i was loving the drive with the new schrick that put the iceing on the cake!!!

Seems to have been dogfart at the wheel. He's noted it in the spotting thread.

Clicky

Seems to have been dogfart at the wheel. He's noted it in the spotting thread.

Clicky

Well spotted Mr Sands, have acknowleged it in the spotted post...

Put my Corrado in for a service the other day. The Grease Monkey picks my car up at my place and drives it to the garage (he lives near me). My missus bless her, went to pay the bill ( my dosh, work nightshift :D ) , knowing that the greasey monkey likes my car, said that she would take the Corrado and he could drop her Rover 200 at the flat. No he didn't like that , and started saying it was cool he had squared it with me he would drive the C home. Anyway, the boss of the garage who carried out the service was saying that the car was in unbelievable nick for it's age ( a 12 year old car in this day and age is a relic). This may have something to do with the fact that I fettled the damn thing the day before, a "quick" 1.5 hour wash and vacuum. 'er indoors thinks I'm mental washing the car before a garage gets a hold of it, but to my mind I know they like the car and it would be bad form presenting them with a manky VR.

Oh yeah, the gibbon wants to swap his brand new astra something-or-other for it . :cuckoo:

I once had a middle aged guy who just got out of his Focus RS talking to me saying now nice my car was and how he liked them. made me smile :D

Sat in my 2.0L 16v last night (only owned for 10 days) fitting a new phone holder and a bloke knocks on the window asking if I would like to sell it, his brother is Corrado mad and has VR6 and he wants a Corrado too. Said he came past earlier and had been checking out the bodywork etc and couldn't believe that its rust free and still got all the original alloys, front spoiler etc.

Cool

Best bit was that my girlfriend had just got in as we were on our way out.

Cheers

On my way out of Bristol Volksfest yesterday, passed a bunch of lads- one said 'Fookin' lovely car! Always wanted one!'

Then later on, a guy came to pick up some wheels off me and said the car was gorgeous and minty- good job he didn't look too close ;)

went to scarborough, was driving out of therer and stopped off to get me mam a crab as a suprise, this guy comes upto me and says he loves me car, :D

The girlfriend has moaned about the Corrado pretty much since the day I got it, not so much the car itself but more the way it looks, and even before then when I was only looking for one she still moaned!

But sat in the lounge last night discussing the fact that if we move I want a house with a big garage so I can work on the car because there was no way I was getting rid of it. I was expecting stiff opposition and had a great arguement ready about the fact that it owes me nothing and it's a future classic etc so i'm keeping it no matter what, and to my surprise she agreed with me! :shock:

She went on to tell me that she'd been sat looking at it while I'd been out at work the other day and decided that she now can't help but love the way it looks! :D

I'm still in shock :lol: