Done a 250 mile round trip to Weymouth yesterday and didnt see any rados :(

But got a big thumbs up of a very nice looking MK1 Golf which was slammed to the ground and had huge deep dish action on the go too 8)

went to comet today .when we came out i found a letter on the windsreen it reads, hello, beautifull car ,ive been looking for one like this for years .if you ever want to sell it , ... then left his no .

Recently Two months ago afrer returning my C back from SORN status, a guy knocked on my front door asking if it was for sale. He said he's been looking for a C and noticed mine parked there a couple of weeks.

Last Friday, while pulling out of a car park, a driver in the new Golf GTI gave me way and signalled a thumbs up at my C.

Makes my recent cam belt, clutch, starter motor worth the while.

Today I had to cover a class of Year Nines whom I teach for English but a friend and colleague does for Physics; she was away so I was trying to steer them towards doing at least some work in her absence but also enjoying the craic with them, nice bunch of kids.

In amongst the welt of questions designed to distract me from making them work (which I'm happy to let them do, up to a point), little John pipes up:

"Sir, what car do you drive?"

Self: "A VW" (thinking, there's no way he'll know what a Corrado is).

"What kind Sir?"

"A Corrado." (bracing self for "what are they?" given that the kid is younger than the car!).

"Oooh, is it a VR6?"

"Er...yes".

"Nice!"

Wonderful chuftie: I suppose he could simply have read the grille badge and have parroted it back but I got the feeling he knew his cars and felt the love. Take a bow young John! :salute:

Today I had to cover a class of Year Nines whom I teach for English but a friend and colleague does for Physics; she was away so I was trying to steer them towards doing at least some work in her absence but also enjoying the craic with them, nice bunch of kids.

In amongst the welt of questions designed to distract me from making them work (which I'm happy to let them do, up to a point), little John pipes up:

"What kind Sir?"

"A Corrado." (bracing self for "what are they?" given that the kid is younger than the car!).

"Oooh, is it a VR6?"

"Er...yes".

"Nice!"

Wonderful chuftie: I suppose he could simply have read the grille badge and have parroted it back but I got the feeling he knew his cars and felt the love. Take a bow young John! :salute:

Great stuff!!! :D

There's still hope in the young 'uns yet.

Well, as covered in other threads I was visited by two police offecers regarding "Assault by Motor Vehicle." One of them wants to buy the car. Later when stopped for speeding was let off with a warning with "It's a really individual car, I fancy one, is this the one that attacked the cyclist?" Ain't it amazing what a trick spoiler can do for you

Was on the way to work this beautiful sunny morning, couple of ladies pulled up next to me at the lights. Didn't notice them till i heard one of them shout "that's a beautiful car, don't see many around" followed by some strange gesticulations. I said thanks and drove off with a little smile...

ahhh happy days

I :luvlove: my Corrado lol

Was on the way to work this beautiful sunny morning, couple of ladies pulled up next to me at the lights. Didn't notice them till i heard one of them shout "that's a beautiful car, don't see many around" followed by some strange gesticulations. I said thanks and drove off with a little smile...

ahhh happy days

I :luvlove: my Corrado lol

don't you mean 'little semi'' :cheers:

Two recently -

One last week by tyre fiiters who were replacing my front tyres.

They were just in love with the care passing every possible compliement, including it not missing a beat and clocking hte fact its now over 173kmiles.

Then on Sunday - friends visiting from Wales - they had not been out in my car previously.

We just went for a small drive and I just gave one or two blasts on straights , so they could get the full benefit of the sound and speed.

Completly blown away with the power - saying they had no idea it was such a fast machine.

Huge grins on their faces and they couldn't stop talking about it.

Really chuffed !! :D

"What kind Sir?"

"Oooh, is it a VR6?"

"Er...yes".

"Nice!"

i also work in a school and am generally known as the teacher with the cool car :lol:

Got the thumbs up and a "mmmm that's a tasty car mate" from a bloke at the chiropractors when I went in for my insurance physical!

Guy down the road from me told me if I want to sell it he has cash waiting... which is.... reassuring.

i came out of the shops the other day and someone had stuffed a plastic bag of rubbish into my wheel arch :clap:

i came out of the shops the other day and someone had stuffed a plastic bag of rubbish into my wheel arch :clap:

Is that uh... complimentary? Even in Essex? :D

went for dinner to a good country pub last night and could see a couple of people wandering round with torches near where I had parked. Turns out they had just come back from a bike ride and were admiring my C. The light can't have been that good though because they said what good condition my C is in :wink:

You have rubbish arch gap and need to go lower??? :shrug: :lol:

Had something similar years back in my old 16v - came back to it parked in the work car park to find that someone had thoughtfully stuffed some sandwich and crisp packaging into my front grille. People are so considerate sometimes.

Had something similar years back in my old 16v - came back to it parked in the work car park to find that someone had thoughtfully stuffed some sandwich and crisp packaging into my front grille. People are so considerate sometimes.

W*nkers, why don't they just do one.

Had a good chat with 2 blokes sat at some traffic lights, they said it sounded nice and asked if I'd give it some welly under the bridges for them,

I just had to oblige!

Had a few thumbs up from mk 1 and 2 Golfs, and one from a guy in a green J reg Audi Coupe thingy...

Definitely the weather!

The local nosey cow has commented on how loud my car is when I start it up.

Said I should be given a special award, something called an ASBO :clap: :wave:

The local nosey cow has commented on how loud my car is when I start it up.

Said I should be given a special award, something called an ASBO :clap: :wave:

she should be given one, called a slap :norty:

Got two chufties today,

The first was while i was geting pot hole tax, the lady behind the counter asked what model of Volkswagen the tax was for, i told her it was a Corrado and she said they were cute(she had a big grin on her face while she continued writing the tax disc out) :D

The second was half six this evening, heading back home i passed a porsche 911 and the owner of said porsche proper craned his neck to try and get a better look at my Corrado! :tongue:

Ah, good times :D

Tom

Currently have a painter in the house. Quite an old guy, anyhoo he had a good look round the VRT yesterday and said what a lovely looking car it was. :D

i reckon this happens to us all everytime, but..had just picked the VR up from garage after treating it to a boob job and some singing lessons....coilovers & milltek :lol: ,

I didn't laugh at the sodding garage bill though :pale: and where was my first port of call? yep, straight to the petrol station round the corner!

a young gentleman was checking the car out corner of his eye while I was filling up, went inside and he proper gave it the walk around, even the cupped hand peering in the window trick.

The first was while i was geting pot hole tax
very very well put sir.

Spare a thought for us here in Ireland. Annual road tax for VR is over £900 :brickwall: and the roads are an absolute disgrace :bad-words:

i reckon this happens to us all everytime, but..had just picked the VR up from garage after treating it to a boob job and some singing lessons....coilovers & milltek :lol: ,

I didn't laugh at the sodding garage bill though :pale: and where was my first port of call? yep, straight to the petrol station round the corner!

a young gentleman was checking the car out corner of his eye while I was filling up, went inside and he proper gave it the walk around, even the cupped hand peering in the window trick.

The first was while i was geting pot hole tax
very very well put sir.

Spare a thought for us here in Ireland. Annual road tax for VR is over £900 :brickwall: and the roads are an absolute disgrace :bad-words:

Yeah the roads rond here are pretty bad, funny how i never noticed before,but now i'm in a low, polybushed car with low profile tyres funny how you notice these things. £900??? how can they charge so much? I felt short changed handing over my £205! :shock:

the huge price of road tax mate is down to your engine size. So a little 1.1 will cost about £180 per year, whereas anything even over 3.0litres will cost about £1,390 a year!!

Why?

well simple really, the people who run this country are simple minded begruding c#nts, I underline begruding 'cus that's it in a nut shell, they can't stand someone wanting to drive round in a nice car, so in a way just owning and driving a VR is a beautiful two finger salute to the lot've of them.

Slightly bitter you say?? you should try running/maintaining a decent performance car over here...it requires lots of money and lots of patience, which is funny, 'cus I now have fook all of both :lol: