NER - NER.... :p

Got my first Corrado related comment of 2005 last night.

Was walking back to the car which was in the furthest, emptiest corner of my local ASDA's car park, when some bloke who was walking ahead of me stops, turns round to see me opening the door, and shouts over "Nice motor feller... I've always loved them."

15 minutes later, I thought of something witty I could've bounced back to him, but all I managed at the time was "Oh, er... Cheers mate." :lol:

So I've now been officially reminded why I bother!

(1-0 to me!)

:wink:

always feels good to get a compliment like that, i got my first of 2005 from a taxi driver who apparently used to be a used car dealer, he delighted in telling me 'ya cannit gan wrang with them like' and asking if the spoiler worked.

'ya cannit gan wrang with them like'

Top piece of accent spelling. :lol:

The only thing which took a bit of the gloss away from this blokes appreciation of my car was that he then climbed into a Rover. :roll:

Ok, I'm gonna 'Sticky' this if only because I love the word 'Chuftie' - best new word i've heard this year!! :lol:

It can be used like the Corrado spotting thread and updated with any feedback you get from 'the public'

Edited by Supercharged

well in that case i should add that a mate of mine keeps telling me my car makes him 'sex wee' :| i'm sort of glad hes moved back to glasgow...

Just after i bought my corrado a couple of the mangers at my work came out one day to see it and they were asking if the spoiler worked and just looked at the car in total admiration. It's times like this when you are reminded or realise how amazing it is owning a corrado!

Went to Stratford a few weeks back and as I was paying for a ticket from a machine near the river and a guy walked up next to me to say "Thats a really really nice car mate.. i've always loved Corrado's.. wanted one for ages!" - so I felt a bit chuffed and said thanks, told him about the club / forum etc.. was cool :)

Bah - it's times like this that make me think "sod getting the 'sensible' Golf 4Motion" and re-consider buying a low mileage VR6 instead....only problem would be the heartbreak of piling on work-related miles...:(

When I first got mine (6 years ago!) one of the neighbours came out to talk to me when I was washing it to tell me he was wondering who'd bought a Corrado, and that he loved them and thought it was the best-looking car that had ever been made!

Those 'in the know' always express interest in it as well when I tell them what I've got. I mean, when people ask me, I just tell them I drive a 13 year-old Volkswagen Corrado - a fair few people ignore the age when they hear "Corrado" though, it's a good way of sorting the wheat from the chaff...;)

Still, I wish they still made them. I just need a much newer, much lower mileage car (and I can't afford to run 2!) :(

Just got back from a weekend in The Lakes, and the owner of the b&b we stayed in asked me for my car keys in case he had to move my motor around their (small) car park.

Upon seeing the ignition key, he pipes up and says "Ahhh a VW eh, Whatcha got?" I tell him, and he seems suitably impressed. He then proceeds to tell me that he's got a VW too. An old Golf.

Old Golf to me = Mk2, so I'm there assuming I've got bragging rights in this conversation.

Goes round the back to park up with my Chuftie Badge firmly on, and the old b@st@rd must be laughing his balls off at me..

12 month old R32!

Tw*t!

Goes round the back to park up with my Chuftie Badge firmly on, and the old b@st@rd must be laughing his balls off at me..

12 month old R32!

Tw*t!

:lol:

12 month old R32!

That reminds me...a mate today told me "that R32, it's got the BMW M3 engine in it, hasn't it" :)

Got stopped getting into my C by a bloke who would stop calling it a Corr-ada! Liked my motor, said he was going to buy one, but ended up buying a Vectra V6........Glad he did! He was eplaining how he would modify ("chav-ify") his if he had one! :roll:

I let my mate finally have a go after months of whinging the other day. His final comment made me smile, " I can't believe you get to drive that everyday!" 8) Needless to say he wants one now.

Had my car 5 months and not one comment :( . Was out in the others halfs vw transporter after a week of having it and some old man stopped us and said how nice they were!!

Was out in the others halfs vw transporter after a week of having it and some old man stopped us and said how nice they were!!

How nice what were!?!

Couldn't help but notice some VW 'suits' looking over my car whilst I was waiting in the parts section at the local Stealers today.

I think if i'd have been out there just getting out my car, they would have talked to me about it.. :)

Result! A girl to whom I give a lift to fencing who is not a great car fan (Micra driver) commented on Wednesday how good it looked and what a satisfying rumble it made at idle. Made up for getting stabbed in the toe :-)

in sainsburys carpark today as i got out of my car the couple next to me were just coming back to their car. The bloke commented on not seeing many C's any more and said how he used to have one then looked forlornly at his 206 and said something like...now look what i've got! :D