I was stuck at some traffic lights and I glanced at a bloke by a bus stop walking forward a few feet and then turning back, mustve done it about 3 times. I looked properly over at him and I realised he was doing it to have a good look at the C! I smiled, put down the window a bit and he shouted over the exhaust note "Nice motor!! Sounds like it needs a service though.." I shouted back "Thanks and no it doesn't - it had one last week and it's running a kent cam.." the lights turn green and *Bwwwwwaaaaaarrr* off I go and see him in the rear-view mirror nodding his head and grinning :)

Filling up the tank from pretty much dry earlier on (ouch!), I'd waited for the chance to pull up to a pump on the same side as the filler cap. A nice, youngish gentleman in his estate checked if I minded if he went ahead to the vacant pump on the opposite side; when I said no, he went ahead.

Therefore he'd paid and come back out as I was still pouring in the ridiculously expensive distillate. He gave the VR an appreciative glance, then looked over, winked and said "I used to have one of these - fast as f**k, aren't they?".

Made my day! :clap: Just as well, given I was about to cough up 80 squids at the till... :eek:

Was waiting at some lights, a young lad in a mk3 polo squareback slowed down to point my G out to his (disinterested) girlfriend. I saw him mouth the words "Gee Forty" so I was like "FAIL" but still, nice of him to notice.

While driving home from work yesterday, windows down, shades on and music up I was hitting about a ton on the A36, in my rear view mirror I noticed a bike rapidly approaching, now I am fully aware my valver wouldn

While driving home from work yesterday, windows down, shades on and music up I was hitting about a ton on the A36, in my rear view mirror I noticed a bike rapidly approaching, now I am fully aware my valver wouldn

I got my first wave today!! Its like being in a special club. :salute:

Driving through Hathern, Leics on the A6 towards EMA and a blue (not sure which one it was) went the other way and waved. Never had that before in any other car!

Don't know if this really counts but it made me laugh...

I borrowed my mates van to go to Glasto in and then to move from one student house to next years and left my Rado at his in case he needed it - to which he said he didn't like it that much and wasn't a fan of the VR so it would probably just sit on his drive :cuckoo: (he's a 20VT sorta guy).

Spoke to him tonight as I've not come home yet to swap back and it turns out it's now the "safest thing going" and he's done about 500 miles in it in a week showing it off to anyone that would look/listen! He even took it down to VW Expo and put it on our local car club stand.

Think there's a new convert there!

sat in the pub last night, could see my car out the window when a couple of guys walked past glanced over then stopped in their tracks, i was thinking oh crap i can see a window getting potted here so kept my eye on them... next thing i know the camera phone comes out and they are pointing at my new 9" deep dish borbet's :D

next thing i know the camera phone comes out and they are pointing at my new 9" deep dish borbet's :D

be careful, they might come back later for them! Ive heard of ppl looking for stuff on cars and few days later trying to knick stuff!

next thing i know the camera phone comes out and they are pointing at my new 9" deep dish borbet's :D

be careful, they might come back later for them! Ive heard of ppl looking for stuff on cars and few days later trying to knick stuff!

Yeah exactly. Stolen to order as such, get some locking nuts if you havent already ;)

yea already got em, doubt its steal to order tho. turned out to be 2 oldish guys that im pretty sure works at council.

few more people complimented on my "scirocco" :mad2:

spent 10 minutes chatting to a guy who kept referring to it as a scirroco, lol.

Was on M65 earlier going to the Mrs' house and was behind a 3.2 Audi TT.

He clocked me in rear mirror, then pulled into the left lane to let me pass.

As I did he proper stared at the C and a smile came to his face.

Then he tucked back in behind me and continued to follow me 8)

I've had two people stop me in the car park at work this week to talk to me about a car. Both chaps said "I've always fancied a Corrado". I knew one of them and I think he was really surprised that I drove a C - I love surprising people!! :D

only a mini-chuftie but chuffed nonetheless... :D

have been in training for the last 2 days so sadly didn't see it myself but a colleague told me that some visitors turned up at work and before reporting to reception, they spotted my car and were having a good look around it. Must have been the new wheels that did it!

Out cleaning the car in the sunshine this morning, after getting the car back form the garage yesterday. Our regular postman (a bit of a petrolhead) is on his hols, so a postwoman is covering his round. The car looked ace sitting on the RH ZW1's. I was in the house (filling another bucket or summit) when I looked out to see her standing staring at the car. As I took our mail from her, she was shaking her head saying how she wants a Corrado as she's always loved them :luvlove: . Know what she means !! :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :D

Just like buses, I got two in one day. First from a guy walking past the car when I was in traffic and a VW guy when I was in getting some parts was standing admiring it reminising on the one he had.

Got one from Banan0r when he spotted my car yesterday outside a garage. Its just a shame I haven't had it since Wednesday.

some people came round to look at the flat i was renting, i they were talking to the landlord i pulled out of the drive as i was going out, they saw my car, and said,

'nice car! lovely!, does it come with the flat!'

made me smile!

Just been followed by a lad in a black g60, he pulled me over to have a look round the car and then tried to buy it off me :clap: :lol:

Since my respray and had the few mods done I'm getting a lot more attention on my commute than I used to, I tend to drive at sensible speeds a lot of the time and get a lot of cars pulling along side for a better look :D 8)

But... if anyone else says "I saw a new one of these the other day at the dealers!" :( I might have to start printing off Corrado fact sheets to hand out...

sitting at some lights in town tonight, guy pulls alongside in a Jeep Wrangler...looking at the car, then puts the window down and shouts something like - "nice car mate, used to have one about 10 years ago, clocked it at 140 along the M74 when it was getting built, one of those VR6's....and that wing going up at the back...f*ckin' brilliant!" then drove off....

made me smile! :lol:

Pretty similar to the last post, stopped at Tesco on my way home on Friday night and as tried to duck towards the covered walkway to get out of the rain in the car park, a bloke smoking a ciggy outside his 4x4 called over to me "You're not thinking of selling it are you?". I told him it was my pride and joy and a lovely conversation ensued about the beauties of the 'rado. He'd had two years before, working for V.W. and longed to sell the 4x4 and get another. He really knew his stuff and we happily stood in the drizzle comparing notes before he finished by saying "It's a lovely motor mate, a real credit to you" and got back in with a smile to drive off!

Incidentally, his wife was waiting inside the car throughout!!

erm.kinda of a chuftie.

moved into my new house, a few days later i was out washing my c when my new neighbour came out and introduced himself.

he's about 65-70 i suppose, anyways we was chatting away and he congratulated me on my scirocco :cuckoo:

i then proceeded to correcting him that it was not, that it was a corrado. but he just carries on talking about other stuff like the other neighbours.

eventually he got back round to the car and asked me if it was a GTI scirocco because he had one a few years back :confused4:

so politly corrected him again and he just carried on talking about scirroco's :brickwall:

but anyway he likeed my scirocco :D